Browser issue SWFUpload Button Hides Insert Quote

ekool

Version: XenForo 1.3.3 - 1.3.4 (tested)
Browser: Chrome (36.0.1985.125)

I've noticed this on a few of our sites now and tested it on a default style as well as a custom style.

When trying to create a new thread the button to "Create Thread" is hidden behind the "Upload a File" SWF layer. Also when trying to insert quotes into a reply post, the "Insert Quotes..." button is hidden behind the "Upload a File" SWF layer.

I've found a fix for this is to change the style position of the SWF object from "position: block !important" to "position: inline-block !important", however I can't find where to actually make the change. The closest I get is in the file js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js where that object tag is being embedded, but seeing as it's minified, and using variables to set style attributes I haven't been able to track it further. (Looking in templates was a waste of time as the template uses a placeholder '<span id="SWFUploadPlaceHolder"></span>').

I'm attaching screengrabs to illustrate. Although the screengrabs don't show the mouse pointer, whichever button is circled is the button being hovered over with the mouse. I also circle the CSS change which fixes it.

I've noticed just now in uploading the screengrabs that the same behaviour happens on this create thread form as well. As a test I just enabled my flash control and it shows where the flash layer sits. I'm uploading that screngrab as well..

Attachments

• hover-over-create-thread.webp
    hover-over-create-thread.webp
    148.6 KB · Views: 7
  • hover-over-create-thread-fixed.webp
    hover-over-create-thread-fixed.webp
    148 KB · Views: 6
  • hover-over-insert-quote.webp
    hover-over-insert-quote.webp
    172.6 KB · Views: 6
  • hover-over-insert-quote-fixed.webp
    hover-over-insert-quote-fixed.webp
    173.8 KB · Views: 6
  • hover-over-upload-file-fixed.webp
    hover-over-upload-file-fixed.webp
    171.3 KB · Views: 5
  • flash-control-enabled.webp
    flash-control-enabled.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 7
This is actually caused by a browser add-on that you have installed. Let me see if I can find the previous report...

Yep, I can confirm that.. If I completely disable Flash block as an extension not only does the issue go away, but I notice that style attribute with "block !important" also goes away.. The add-on must be adding that.

Thanks Mike!

Top Bottom