Cannot reproduce Insert Quotes Anomaly

Jim McClain

Affected version
2.1.x
Using the Chrome browser on my desktop PC, I multi-quoted a couple of messages for a reply. When I clicked the Insert Quotes button, only one message appeared in the popup and it wasn't from either of the messages I wanted to quote. I clicked the Remove button, but nothing happened. When I clicked the Insert Quotes button, one of the messages I did multi-quote appeared in the editor. I was able to retrieve the other messages (I only multi-quoted 2 posts) by clicking the Reply With Quote button.

This is an issue I discovered here on xF just moments ago.

I've just done a quick check to see if I could reproduce this and I couldn't. There shouldn't be many changes in the area of multi-quote with 2.1 and I haven't heard anything like this reported with 2.0. Are you able to reproduce this? If so, could you provide either direct steps or perhaps a video that might demonstrate the issue?

Well, it's not doing what I reported now. In fact, the interface is even slightly different. I don't know if that's because of an upgrade since my first post, or maybe a caching issue when I first posted. In any case, everything I've done works fine. Sorry if this was a false alarm.

That’s ok. We did sporadically have some JS compilation issues plus there’s the fact that CloudFlare hiccups sometimes - you might have bumped into something like that.

Top Bottom