Resource icon

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory) 1.2.0.8

No permission to download
This is really a great idea. I'm playing around with it now and have a few questions:

1. The Google Map doesn't seem to be working properly. It shows me Oklahoma instead of Tennessee. :)
2. I don't see a state entry area—just the city and zip.
3. The location address line broke onto a second line with blank space to the right if an address is long. Any way to have it cross into the second column?
4. Any chance this could be made responsive? I'm using it on a responsive site.
5. I want to move up the "Categories Listed Under" block up to fit to the left of the map. Is that possible? I've attached an example.

test.webp

Thanks for your work here. It's really nice.

Last edited:
2. I don't see a state entry area—just the city and zip.
You can edit the phrase "Town / City". I changed it to "Town/City, State".

Tenants,
Love this addon. Just donated to it.

I'd like to know where in the templates I can delete the site url from showing since the link already has that info. Please see attached:
kingdir.webp

Thank you for all your hard work!

You can edit the phrase "Town / City". I changed it to "Town/City, State".

Tenants,
Love this addon. Just donated to it.

I'd like to know where in the templates I can delete the site url from showing since the link already has that info. Please see attached:
View attachment 50058

Thank you for all your hard work!

Look at the template named "sfdirectory_map_view"

and you'll find the phrase sfdir_site_url:

Code:
            <xen:if is="{$allowSiteURL}">
                            <div class="fullleft">
                                <span class="muted" style="font-size: 0.9em;">{xen:phrase sfdir_site_url}</span>
                                <div class="userin">{$directorylisting.website_url}</div>               
                            </div>
             </xen:if>

This is all great help. The only thing now I'm struggling to do is move the "Categories Listed Under" block from below & left of the Google map to being just under the url/address block and left of the Google Map.

Any suggestions?

That too will require a template edit, look at the template "sfdirectory_map_view"

This is the block that you want to move around:

Code:
                    <xen:if is="{$showCategories} != 5">
                        <div class="reviewimg" style="border: 0px none;">
                            <div class="fullleft">
                                <span class="muted" style="font-size: 0.9em;">{xen:phrase sfdir_categories_listed_under}</span>                             
                                <xen:foreach loop="$categories" value="$cat">
                                <xen:if is="{$cat.title}">
                                    <div class="userin">
                                        <a href="{xen:link 'full:directory'}{$cat.url}">
                                            {$cat.title} {xen:phrase post_fix_directory_of}
                                        </a>
                                    </div>  
                                </xen:foreach>
                                  <xen:if is="{$canEditListingDetails}">
                                    <div style="margin: 5px 0;text-align: right;">
                                        <a href="{xen:link 'full:reviews'}{$thread.url}/modify-categories-dialogue"
                                            class="callToAction OverlayTrigger"
                                            data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">
                                            <span>{xen:phrase add_modify_categories}</span>
                                        </a>
                                    </div>  
                            </div>
                        </div>

Last edited:
That worked perfectly.

I am playing around with the claimable option and, when I want to remove a listing via the Thread Tools>Delete Thread dropdown, I get the following:

PHP:
Undefined variable: breadCrumbs
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Reviews.php at line 275
XenKingDir_ControllerPublic_Reviews->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/talkfran/public_html/index.php at line 13

In general, it doesn't appear I am able to moderate the post at all once claimed. Maybe I have to remove the claim to make changes?

Update: Once I unclaimed a listing, I was able to delete it.

Last edited:
I noticed I deleted a couple of test entries yet the directory still shows a number beside the category. Does this eventually re-set?

Like: Biking (3) when it should be Biking (0).

Just about every thing is a phrase and can be update using the ACP phrase manager:

Admin Control Panel >> Appearance >> Phrases
Find the phrase:
sfdir_new_business_listings

Most of the directory phrases start with sfdir_

This doesn't work on XenForo 1.2.1. The "Directory Forum" functionality usually changes the "Post New Topic" button to "Submit New Listing".
However, in XenForo 1.2.1 this sadly isn't the case. I have disabled the addon for now and am waiting on an update for XenForo 1.2.1 thank you.

This doesn't work on XenForo 1.2.1. The "Directory Forum" functionality usually changes the "Post New Topic" button to "Submit New Listing". However, in XenForo 1.2.1 this sadly isn't the case. I have disabled the addon for now and am waiting on an update for XenForo 1.2.1 thank you.

@tenants Any update for the above, or was anyone able to make a correction? Thanks.

@Quiver
Okay, I think I know what you mean by this issue now

The issue is basically not seen for most forums (including SurreyForum) since most people hide their directory forums

However, if you do not hide the directory forum, this plugin usually converts the "create thread" button into a "submit listing button".

It's not as bad as I thought, since you wont even notice it if you use a hidden forum for the directory forum. I'll look into it

It continues to work on 1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.2.2 (but I would suggest hiding the directory forum until the button has been fixed)

Last edited:
Top Bottom