Support renewal question

KatherineWills

Hello I am using vbulletin 4 (never upgraded to vb5). Now since I know that vb team is behind the xenforo I would like to buy the license for my new website. Howerver, I am wondering if the renewal of software support is necessary to keep using the software assuming that there is no security upgrade.

To keep myself in budget I would like to buy xenforo and let the support expire until I have to upgrade it due to essential security updates or when I really want to upgrade.

Thank you.

You mentioned security updates specifically. Generally we attempt to make security updates free for all customers up to a reasonable point, though we would always recommend staying up to date if possible as each new release aims to fix issues and improve performance.

You mentioned security updates specifically. Generally we attempt to make security updates free for all customers up to a reasonable point, though we would always recommend staying up to date if possible as each new release aims to fix issues and improve performance.

I was going to ask the same question. That is perfect. Is it possible that I can install DEMO (without purchase) on my existing website to see if my hosting provider fulfills server requirement. I am on shared enviornment right now (using namecheap).

Thank you.

You literally just extract the file, upload it to the server, then navigate to the URL in your browser.

If it helps, we also have a more than reasonable refund policy, should you decide that XF doesn't suit your needs.

Top Bottom