License and support term question

On the BUY page it says:
Includes 12 months of ticket support and upgrades. Support and upgrade access
can currently be extended for $40 for an additional 12 months (see details).

So when I click on "details" it says this:
The 1-year extension provides access to support and updates for a year
from the date of purchase.

The statements seem contradictory. Going by the first statement, I would expect that if I paid $140 I get 1 year support/updates or for $180 I get 24 months of same. But according to the second statement for $180 I get 12 months of support/update. Can someone from xenForo please clarify for me?

What do I get if I pay $140? What do I get if I pay $180?

Thank you.

You pay $140 for the license and one year of ticket support and xenForo upgrades.
After that time period (the year), your license will be expired (meaning you will not have access to use the ticket system or access xenForo upgrades).

However, you can renew your license for another year by paying an additional $40 for ticket support and xenForo upgrades, ;)

Also just a side not too. If after the year you choose not to pay the $40.00, you can continue to use xF, you just like as M@rc said, you won't then have access to ticket support or released updates. You will still have access to 3rd party mod and style releases on the forum though. You can also choose to pay the $40.00 at any time to start receiving updates and ticket support too, in fact that is what many are currently doing as it will more then likely be several months before a 1.2 update releases.

Top Bottom