Support for international language?

Jompol Tibb

Hi, I plan to use xenforo in Thai language, can you please give some idea about the translation mechanism.

Further more, I plan to use xenforo in conjunction with some addons, so, I'd like to know is there a mechanism that allow me to translate any addons. Do I have to ask this question with each of the addon developer? Unfortunately, as I don't have xenforo license yet, I can only post questions in this pre-sale forum. But, if the addons are not allow translation, it'd useless to buy xenforo.

For translate add-ons, you have to ask permission for each author.

Official support internationnal language will never see the day, it is not in the interest of developers.

Thank you very much for both of your reply.

There is a full language and phrasing system included:

http://xenforo.com/help/languages-and-phrases/

It will enable you to translate the core software and also the phrases added by add-ons.

You can also test this in the Admin Demo.

I've read the article you suggested and also follow the links inside it to check out the "Language Options" and "Phrases System" , but, haven't gone deep in details yet. So, does this mean that, for the add-ons, I'd be able to translate them only if the developers of the add-ons add the phrases into the system. There is no guarantee that they will do that, right?

For translate add-ons, you have to ask permission for each author.

Official support internationnal language will never see the day, it is not in the interest of developers.

Then, the problem is that how can I contact the authors while I haven't bought the core xenforo yet. If I buy xenforo first, and found latter that the add-ons are unable to be translated, that'd be a totally waste of money. Does xenforo offer any money back guarantee interval?

To be more specific, one of the very important add-on I'm looking at is the "Showcase". Does anyone know if it's possible to translate this add-on

To be more specific, one of the very important add-on I'm looking at is the "Showcase". Does anyone know if it's possible to translate this add-on
Most everything in this add-on is phrased. In fact, so much so that it is used as a garage on one site I have (my motorcycle) and a review item on another (my Linux site). The sites are in my profile.

Thanks all for the answers.

You do not need permission to translate for your own use.

If you would like to release the translation so others can use it, then you should seek permission.

Hi Brogan, in fact, want to contact the add-on authors to ask if they designed their add-on in the way that easy to be translated.

I think that, sometime, people need to know some details about some very important add-ons before decide whether to purchase Xenforo or not. So, I think it's a good idea if you will provide a way for those users without a XF license to communicate with the add-ons' authors; e.g. a pre-sale forum for each add-on.

You can contact the authors via PM or in a lot of cases via their dedicated support site.

Or you can tag them here and most of them should respond.

My 2 cents:

If a developer can't be bothered to add phrases, they're not a good developer and I'd have to wonder what else they couldn't be bothered to do properly. A good developer will always phrase everything in their add-ons.

You can contact the authors via PM or in a lot of cases via their dedicated support site.

Or you can tag them here and most of them should respond.

Thanks for your suggestion, I've just pm the the author. I just thought that new users are not allow to use pm and never know that XF have a tagging user system, that's great.

Top Bottom