1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Super Moderator

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Craig, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Good evening to you all.

I have recently promoted a member to super moderator, but I am having issues with the permissions.
    when they look at a post they only see an option to "report" where as I see member name, Yesterday at 5:26 PM Edit Delete Spam IP Warn Report, and a box on the far left to check and bring up the options for threads/posts moderation.

I have adjusted options in the Moderators section and the User Groups.

Thanks

2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

You have to specifically make the user a moderator, just adding them to the group does not give them the permissions.

3. Steve F

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

5. Steve F

Do they see the moderator bar?

6. Craig

Craig Active Member

Yes, at the top left of their screen ( Moderation Queue: 0 Reported Items: 0 )

I still don't see member name, Yesterday at 5:26 PM Edit Delete Spam IP Warn Report, and a box on the far left to check and bring up the options for threads/posts moderation.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Check the permissions set in the Moderator group.
    Check permissions in other groups they are in to ensure you haven't used Never for any of the moderator permissions.

Craig likes this.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Craig likes this.
  9. Craig

Craig Active Member

There were conflicts with other user groups i.e. VIP and/or top poster. Once those were removed all was well.

10. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

So with the way XF handles Super Moderators, it seems like there is no need for a Super Moderators usergroup, right? Is there a way to check if a user is a SuperMod using conditionals in templates without putting them in a separate Super Moderators usergroup?

11. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. If you have super moderators and content moderators and want to distinguish the two with different colors, then a Super Moderators user group would be necessary.

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It is also useful if you have different base permissions for super moderators and content moderators.

Amaury likes this.