• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented [Suggestion] Thread prefixes clickable

James

I know thread prefixes are being made so I decided to throw this in there before you make them.

vBulletin had the query parameter &prefixid= to only display threads with a certain prefix. I figure this'd be great if this was the case by default without having to do template edits.

Alfa1

Please make them clickable, searchable and usable global. i.e. if a prefix exists in forum A and forum B, then clicking them would show all threads in A and B. Or allow admins to define how they want it to behave.

Forsaken

Please make them clickable, searchable and usable global. i.e. if a prefix exists in forum A and forum B, then clicking them would show all threads in A and B. Or allow admins to define how they want it to behave.
I wouldn't want to display prefixed threads from another forum, just because it would usually not relate to what the user wanted (At least thats how I see it).

KURTZ

I know thread prefixes are being made so I decided to throw this in there before you make them.

vBulletin had the query parameter &prefixid= to only display threads with a certain prefix. I figure this'd be great if this was the case by default without having to do template edits.
if i remember correctly Lynne released something for vB ... it's not an integrated feature ... that was a product ... or i'm wrong?

James

It was just making use of the &prefixid= query string to filter. It was a built-in feature that could be manipulated :) hopefully XF does it too.

I was just searching to see if this had been mentioned. I'd love to be able to filter posts in a forum by their prefix, incredibly useful.

Rob

actually.... sorry to double post, but on the subject of prefixes... I would love the ability to change prefixes using the inline quick moderation (threadbits) when you click edit - this will allow multiple selected threads to have their prefixes changed in one hit. likewise, a simple way to change the prefix from within the thread itself would save mods having to back up to the thread list.

James

actually.... sorry to double post, but on the subject of prefixes... I would love the ability to change prefixes using the inline quick moderation (threadbits) when you click edit - this will allow multiple selected threads to have their prefixes changed in one hit. likewise, a simple way to change the prefix from within the thread itself would save mods having to back up to the thread list.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/inline-prefix-changing.1109/