Implemented [Suggestion] Spiders visits log

Dream

I worked on a spiders xml list a while back, which is now being taken care by Mosh over at vB.com, which has 500 spiders, he's doing a great job with it.

xenForo could have a log on the admin control panel so we can view statistics of spiders, which spiders are browsing, now and on the last X days, etc.

I like being able to tell on the who's online which guests are lurking and which are spiders also.

Just brainstorming, xen could have a centralized spiders database, which all xen instances use for this instead of each forum having to update it's xml file. Just a thought.

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
we need a better way to handle the spiders here ... (also i think that this thing was already discussed, but not sure)...

what we need it's a specific usergroup that allow the admins to set how and what they can view onto the board ...

When (I hope) the identification of spiders is added to xenForo (which it currently is not, any visitor not logged in is a guest regardless of if they are a spider/bot or human), and once I know what format the xml file will take that identifies spiders, I will also support a xenForo version of the spiders database.

Dream and Mosh did/do a great job in keeping track of the spiders on the vB side of the fence. I think it's definitely beneficial to have a way to either designate a usergroup or at least list/identify which spiders are visiting (via a log) if it can't be done realtime.

Clicked "like" on the first post to support this suggestion/request :D

Top Bottom