1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented [Suggestion] Spiders visits log

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Dream, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Dream

Dream Active Member

I worked on a spiders xml list a while back, which is now being taken care by Mosh over at vB.com, which has 500 spiders, he's doing a great job with it.

xenForo could have a log on the admin control panel so we can view statistics of spiders, which spiders are browsing, now and on the last X days, etc.

I like being able to tell on the who's online which guests are lurking and which are spiders also.

Just brainstorming, xen could have a centralized spiders database, which all xen instances use for this instead of each forum having to update it's xml file. Just a thought.

ArnyVee, Romchik®, KURTZ and 2 others like this.
  2. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

we need a better way to handle the spiders here ... (also i think that this thing was already discussed, but not sure)...

what we need it's a specific usergroup that allow the admins to set how and what they can view onto the board ...

3. Floris

Floris Guest

The post i placed here disappeared. :)

4. Mosh

Mosh New Member

When (I hope) the identification of spiders is added to xenForo (which it currently is not, any visitor not logged in is a guest regardless of if they are a spider/bot or human), and once I know what format the xml file will take that identifies spiders, I will also support a xenForo version of the spiders database.

Dream likes this.
  5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Dream and Mosh did/do a great job in keeping track of the spiders on the vB side of the fence. I think it's definitely beneficial to have a way to either designate a usergroup or at least list/identify which spiders are visiting (via a log) if it can't be done realtime.

Clicked "like" on the first post to support this suggestion/request :D