[Suggestion] Speed improvements

Mez

• Make CSS.php cacheable (base on version number?)
  • Specify image dimensions on logo.png (improves render time)
  • Place inline JS in header before CSS or after calls to external media (I believe in this case, it's GA)
  • Optimise CSS (On homepage, 71% of the CSS loaded is not used)

Upvote 0
I think the reason that optimisations haven't been done is because it's still being developed.
Suggestions like placing JS above the closing body element, caching CSS/JS, optimising have already been addressed.

I think the reason that optimisations haven't been done is because it's still being developed.
Suggestions like placing JS above the closing body element, caching CSS/JS, optimising have already been addressed.
Doesn't surprise me, but I'm a nitpicker ;)

Image dimensions usually aren't set, because every forum owner actually uses different sized header images.

Image dimensions usually aren't set, because every forum owner actually uses different sized header images.
However, if someone has a larger file, or the user has a slow connection, on some browsers, it will not render the page until it can block out the image correctly on the page :D

Get the image size would only be realistic if we force the site owner to import the image into the system .. Which is what I am against to, I want all images on cdn.network.com

Top Bottom