[SUGGESTION (Sort of)] A XenForo 'Installation' package and 'Upgrade' package

Vincent

I don't like that vBulletin only has an 'Installation' package.

It means we have to keep reuploading all files every time, which is pretty annoying if you can't unzip files at your website :(

Okay, they provide a list of changed files, but 2/3 times the list in incomplete.

Please XenForo Devs, provide an Upgrade and Installation package when Beta 2 comes out ;)

I never did understand why there was never an update package for vbulletin, even free forum software like phpBB3 has an automatic update package!

Well, at the time, and even currently, a lot of shared hosts have memory and time limits set pretty low, which doesn't allow a lot of automatic updates. Don't know if it'd be possible with larger packages.

I never did understand why there was never an update package for vbulletin, even free forum software like phpBB3 has an automatic update package!

That automatic update package is used only from updating between version of the same serie where the changes are very minimal. Whereas to jump from a serie to another where the changes are huge, it is done manually btw.

Top Bottom