[Suggestion] Put "Reply" where it should

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

Another strange change where things are being moved around.

I strongly recommend to place it back as first link on the right, instead of putting like in front of everything. It's a float:right, and optional links are on the left of it. That's basics user interface.

Don't turn this great product into a illogical toy.

Upvote 3
Good for you. I for one do care where it is placed. Like is an additional feature to the community and not important to the thread conversation. It's as additional as report, edit and delete. Where as reply is directly related to the content, actually .. it let's you create it. Putting it further down the line is illogical to me. A poor decision.

Why yet another thread on this, if there is already a discussion going on here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/reply-link-need-to-be-more-prominent.1175/?

Don't quite get your 'illogical toy' remark to be honest.I mean... we are talking about just 1 single link... which you can perfectly change yourself in the templates.

My view is simply this now: since Kier made already an improvement by moving the 'report' out of the 3 links on the right, we only have Reply and Like left there together. So my initial complaint of pressing Report often instead of Reply is now solved. So, the question of having it like this : 'Reply' 'Like' or this: 'Like', 'Reply' is not that important for me anymore , although I do feel the current solution Kier provided is a good one. Because for me it's more consistent with the QR area:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/reply-link-need-to-be-more-prominent.1175/#post-36821

Having said that... I also wouldn't mind being it 'Like' 'Reply' now if they think this is better in the end, because as I said my initial issue is perfectly solved. Kier stated he is going to give it a try for a while, so I am curious to see what the end decision will be.

Good for you. I for one do care where it is placed. Like is an additional feature to the community and not important to the thread conversation. It's as additional as report, edit and delete. Where as reply is directly related to the content, actually .. it let's you create it. Putting it further down the line is illogical to me. A poor decision.

He's just giving his feedback to the subject such as you're suggesting something. I personally think it's a good setup how it is, "Like" seems like a standard to the forum so Reply and Like are the set standards of XenForo, therefor optional links go to the left of the standards. I think things like this just need a bit to get use to, but in the end this will be another one of those style adjustments that I'm sure can be easily made for those who do care where it's placed on their own board.

Why yet another thread on this, if there is already a discussion going on here: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ore-prominent.1175/?

Don't quite get your 'illogical toy' remark to be honest.I mean... we are talking about just 1 single link... which you can perfectly change yourself in the templates.

My view is simply this now: since Kier made already an improvement by moving the 'report' out of the 3 links on the right, we only have Reply and Like left there together. So my initial complaint of pressing Report often instead of Reply is now solved. So, the question of having it like this : 'Reply' 'Like' or this: 'Like', 'Reply' is not that important for me anymore , although I do feel the current solution Kier provided is a good one. Because for me it's more consistent with the QR area:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ent.1175/#post-36821

Having said that... I also wouldn't mind being it 'Like' 'Reply' now if they think this is better in the end, because as I said my initial issue is perfectly solved. Kier stated he is going to give it a try for a while, so I am curious to see what the end decision will be.

", 'Reply' is not that important for me anymore"

If you run and participate in a community, you are going to be using "Reply" in a post.

If you run and participate in a community, you are going to be using "Reply" in a post.
He meant the issue of Reply-Like and Like-Reply isn't important to him now.

He's refering to the order of the 2 links, not that the reply link itself isn't important.

Edit: Mike beat me :$.

I agree with the fact that they moved the Report to the left as it's logical now since all the thread controls are in one place, Edit Delete Report, but the reply should be on the right on the right hand side. Like < Reply.

I agree with the fact that they moved the Report to the left as it's logical now since all the thread controls are in one place, Edit Delete Report, but the reply should be on the right on the right hand side. Like < Reply.

I actually disagree. The left part is about the user their post, the right side is what the browsing user should do with the post. A user wouldn't report his or her own post, so UI-wise, it's not logical to have report on the left.

Since like is a positive, and report is a negative. Having them together also makes more sense than splitting them apart.

I disagree. I think the logical order is the way it is right now.

I completely disagree, because reply is not in a static place, it flips around to the right and left based on the "like"/"unlike" or your own post, where it doesn't say like/unlike.

Consistency as to where to click is important.

Peggy if you don't mind me asking, are you a right hand of left hand person? Also floris if you don't mind me asking, are you a right hand or left hand person>

It completely does not matter, especially since the majority of left handed people use the mouse as a right handed person.

Top Bottom