[Suggestion] Put "Reply" where it should

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

Another strange change where things are being moved around.

I strongly recommend to place it back as first link on the right, instead of putting like in front of everything. It's a float:right, and optional links are on the left of it. That's basics user interface.

Don't turn this great product into a illogical toy.

Upvote 3
I'm left-handed, but I read left-to-right. Therefore, IMO the most important or most used functions should be ordered left-to-right.

Like|Reply vs Reply|Like is a tough one to decide on, because the first thing I might do with a post is Like it. If I don't want to do that, I may or may not reply. On the other hand, I may just want to reply without Liking. So which one is higher priority? My brainwashed mind wants Reply to be first, but that doesn't hold much weight against the Like link.

I need another coffee.

I'm in the preferring Like.. Reply camp. It just feels better to me, probably because I'm more likely to hit the like button first then reply and if the reply button is first then I'd probably ignore the like button completely.

Yeah I feel like that now too. With 'Reply.. Like' it felt like I was being weighted to 'like' a post more than reply to it which certainly shouldn't be the case.

Top Bottom