Lack of interest [Suggestion] Postbit Information / Signature

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Agreed - the likes, post date+tools and signature should be inline with the bottom of the extended postbit when the actual post area is shorter than the postbit info.

Took me a few minutes to find which skin this was possible on, but I also agree. Whilst I dont think it should be BELOW the last entry of the post info bit though. I think it should be in like (I.E not make the post area any bigger).

So on Sir Nick's post just above, his sig should END on the same line as 'Location: Florida'

Took me a few minutes to find which skin this was possible on, but I also agree. Whilst I dont think it should be BELOW the last entry of the post info bit though. I think it should be in like (I.E not make the post area any bigger).

So on Sir Nick's post just above, his sig should END on the same line as 'Location: Florida'

Yea Thats a good idea.

I'm pretty sure you can't do this without a table, as every component's height (the user info, the content, and the signature/controls) is unknown.

I think this would be a good idea but it mite not be possible going buy what Mike said.

I'm pretty sure you can't do this without a table, as every component's height (the user info, the content, and the signature/controls) is unknown.

Would it be possible to add a new field to the Style Properties editor so the min-height attribute could be set per style?

Code:
.message .messageContent {
min-height:400px;
}

It would still require a bit of trial and error when creating the style but once finalised it wouldn't need to be changed again.

I actually like this idea a lot. But wouldn't using display: table; or some variant of it make it not compatible, or require alot of tweaks for certain browsers?

That's what I was thinking. This is a known problem with CSS based layouts. But it doesn't bother me much.

That's what I was thinking. This is a known problem with CSS based layouts. But it doesn't bother me much.
It can be done many ways, actually. I just haven't found a "proper" way to do it, or a cross-browser friendly way; but then again, I'm not an expert with CSS, though, so I could just be missing something.

It can be done many ways, actually. I just haven't found a "proper" way to do it, or a cross-browser friendly way; but then again, I'm not an expert with CSS, though, so I could just be missing something.
There are ways around the problem in some cases, but not in this case I believe.

(Maybe with javascript, anyone?)

There are ways around the problem in some cases, but not in this case I believe.

(Maybe with javascript, anyone?)
JavaScript isn't exactly practical here, because you then have to consider you would have to use CSS anyways for users who don't have JavaScript enabled (and believe it or not, there IS still users who have it disabled :/)

But I think it can be done in a proper way using CSS, which would be the best bet. I'm thinking maybe using the float CSS property; but then you might have to use clear somewhere. I'm not sure though, as (like I said before) I'm not an expert with CSS positioning:p

Yeah I know, but like Mike said, how do you know the height? That's why I thought some dynamic coding is required.
You don't know the height, but you don't have to. There's a CSS property min-height that allows you to set a minimum height to a div or something. The only way the height would not expand is if you're using float (as the text basically floats above the parent object, if I'm not mistaken)

You don't know the height, but you don't have to. There's a CSS property min-height that allows you to set a minimum height to a div or something. The only way the height would not expand is if you're using float (as the text basically floats above the parent object, if I'm not mistaken)
I know some CSS, trust me, what you're proposing creates more problems than you're trying to solve.

Top Bottom