Lack of interest [Suggestion] Limit Smilies to space-space

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
F

Floris

"anything:)anything" <-- Currently gets parsed.

Screen%20shot%202010-08-28%20at%2012.34.45%20PM.png

What I suggest is to consider changing it to respect a space before it gets parsed.

":)" <-- don't parse
" :) " <-- parse
" :)" <-- parse
":) " <-- parse

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think not parsing the smiley would be very confusing.

On the subject of smilies, on my forum to make smilies look a bit nicer I modified the javascript to force a space after each smiley is inserted. For example instead of:

:):):) it would be :) :) :)

Yeah, not parsing it would just confuse users.

A better option is having a [noparse] bbcode tag that disables parsing inside it.

Yeah, not parsing it would just confuse users.

A better option is having a [noparse] bbcode tag that disables parsing inside it.

There is already on [plain] but still I agree with floris on this one if the smilie is directly between two:)words it is unlikely you want it parsed

There is already on [plain] but still I agree with floris on this one if the smilie is directly between two:)words it is unlikely you want it parsed

That is most likely, yes. The difficulty then becomes detecting words and punctuation, as they differ in different languages.

Top Bottom