Implemented [Suggestion] Have a select all/deselect all for threads in All Watched Threads

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm not sure if this is needed in 'Conversations' too since I do not have a conversation yet. But anyway, it's needed everywhere when you want to work fast and efficiently.

As a normal user there are no checkboxes on Conversations (at least not here on Xenforo, I still do not run a Xenforo live site yet to check), but yeah, if there would be (Don't know if they are available to admins? Well... no, what am I thinking? Conversations are private and non-accessible to admins) ... then this suggestion would really come in handy there as well.

Hopefully Xenforo 1.2 will provide us with a much requested sophistication of the Conversations feature and then checkboxes are definately needed to manage all the conversations that in the current state of Xenforo are hardly manageable. For example: it would be really great if XF could give us [prefixes] for Conversations and valuable functionality like that, so the management of it all becomes better.

? What do you mean.

To Hide threads that don't interest me. Es[pecially on Whats New or View All Recent.
It is the one thing (apart from the incomplete Conversation functions, and a Search tickbox niggle) that spoils my XF experience - wading repetitively through pages of threads I've seen before and are not relevant or interesting to me. As XF gets bigger and busier this can only get worse.

To Hide threads that don't interest me. Es[pecially on Whats New or View All Recent.
It is the one thing (apart from the incomplete Conversation functions, and a Search tickbox niggle) that spoils my XF experience - wading repetitively through pages of threads I've seen before and are not relevant or interesting to me. As XF gets bigger and busier this can only get worse.

Ah, okay. I completely agree. That's why I put this idea out: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-sort-watched-threads.2610/ and also this one: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/sort-functionality-for-whats-new.9603/. So feel free to support those by [liking] them or add your own ideas/vision to them.

Um no I can see sorting would be useful but what I feel urgent need of is Hide.
For example I don't look at skins and designs hardly ever because I'm happy with my own. So I'd tick all those to Hide them. Then there are addons not relevant to me which I could Hide.
That and others Hidden would mean that updated threads would mostly only appear in areas that interest me.
Would need a link "Show Hidden Threads" on toggle.

This may be a side issue but it relates to Conversations. Some of our forum members, new ones especially, tend to be confused about the label. They don't understand this is a private messaging system between individuals or a group of selected individuals. What do people think about changing the name of that feature to something they do understand. Such as Private Conversation?

This may be a side issue but it relates to Conversations. Some of our forum members, new ones especially, tend to be confused about the label. They don't understand this is a private messaging system between individuals or a group of selected individuals. What do people think about changing the name of that feature to something they do understand. Such as Private Conversation?

"Private" has been disfavoured because Conversations are not strictly private - from an admin or mod empowered to log in as user. So the name "Private" gives a misleading impression. "Personal" Conversations preserves the common PC acronym.

However that still leaves a problem with what to call them. Personal Conversations is a big mouthful or keyboard bundle.

The difference is that when we have a Personal Conversation it has selected recipients. So something that expresses its selected or chosen nature maybe ...?

I understand. But we want to clarify this to members, particularly newer ones. Or maybe put in the preference for the admin to call it anything they want. For 1.2? :)

Wrong suggestion thread.

It has already been changed from that to what it is now.
Edit your phrases if you wish to change it back.

I'd love to see "select all" functionality on "watched" list page (and any other page that has multiple check items) added to the core!

For anyone wanting to achieve this themselves, it's very easy.

Template: watch_threads_all

Find:
HTML:
<form action

Above add:
HTML:
<style>
    .pageNavLinkGroup .CheckAll
    {
        padding: 0;
        margin: 0;
        vertical-align: bottom;
        position: relative;
        top: -1px;
        overflow: hidden;
    }
</style>
<div class="pageNavLinkGroup">
    <div class="linkGroup">
        <xen:if is="{$threads}">
            <a>
                <label>
                    <input type="checkbox" checked="checked" class="CheckAll" data-target=".discussionList" />
                    <span>{xen:phrase select_all}</span>
                </label>
            </a>
        </xen:if>
    </div>
</div>

Note: I do not recommend that you include styling in <style> tags, I just have above as a demonstration.

The end result:

upload_2014-1-31_9-58-59.webp

For anyone wanting to achieve this themselves, it's very easy.

Template: watch_threads_all

Find:
HTML:
<form action

Above add:
HTML:
<style>
    .pageNavLinkGroup .CheckAll
    {
        padding: 0;
        margin: 0;
        vertical-align: bottom;
        position: relative;
        top: -1px;
        overflow: hidden;
    }
</style>
<div class="pageNavLinkGroup">
    <div class="linkGroup">
        <xen:if is="{$threads}">
            <a>
                <label>
                    <input type="checkbox" checked="checked" class="CheckAll" data-target=".discussionList" />
                    <span>{xen:phrase select_all}</span>
                </label>
            </a>
        </xen:if>
    </div>
</div>

Note: I do not recommend that you include styling in <style> tags, I just have above as a demonstration.

The end result:

View attachment 66154
Wow. Does that check all the threads on all the pages though?

Top Bottom