Implemented [Suggestion] Forum Leaders?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would think it's essential. Every major forum software has one in one form or another. It'd be quite foolish not to have one here :D

You can create a page node that queries through the template the users from a certain usergroup. So you can make your own: Meet the Team page.

vB format forum leaders page serve no purpose at all imo. As Floris highlighted it is pretty easy to create a Meet the Team page with more details easily.

I wouldn't go as far to say it serves no purpose... For me its allowed me to see all the staff members on a vBulletin forum fairly quickly.

But it quite often gets mixed up and shown wrong... I agree a custom page is a lot better for this porpoise..

Just my 11 cents...I think it is useful for new members especially to come on a forum and see who the staff is, somehow. :)

I think the software should, by default have a forum leaders page, but have a setting to change the url in case someone decides to make a custom one. I guess they could ultimately just modify the template to change the url but a setting would be nice.

I would love to see something different if they have a leader page. Maybe an option to have a meet the team sort of thing where staff can add some info.

I would love to see something different if they have a leader page. Maybe an option to have a meet the team sort of thing where staff can add some info.

I like that idea. I like it when you can Meet the Team and have more information on the staff.

But it quite often gets mixed up and shown wrong... I agree a custom page is a lot better for this porpoise..
Porpoise's on the internet - those clever buggers - I've always wondered about the sound they make, now I know its their dial up tone :p

I like that idea. I like it when you can Meet the Team and have more information on the staff.
I have to agree with Floris, this can easily be achieved with a page

A flexible, modern 'meet the site staff' page would be welcome. vb's showgroups page is a fail IMHO.

Especially when you can't choose the sort order of the groups appearing there. It makes no logical sense. I'd like to have an option for a short little bio, as well.

You can create a page node that queries through the template the users from a certain usergroup. So you can make your own: Meet the Team page.
Sounds to me like I can blow queries which I place (somewhere) and use the template to fetch the results and place it in there?

:eek:

Top Bottom