[Suggestion] E-mail Admin on new registration

Everyone has email, not everyone has or wants to have Twitter. I hate it to be honest but use it just because of its promotional value as a business tool.

I use the ragtek addon. I have a thread posted in my sysop board which is replied to by an assigned account every time I get a new user. That way whoever watches the thread will get a notification email and can approve their registration from there. It would be nice to have built in email notifications though, but this is a decent work-around.

Just out of curiosity, do people actually go through and READ the new registration emails to inform you someone registered? I can't really see a useful purpose for them to be honest... And it certainly wouldn't scale. I wonder how many users per day Facebook was getting before Mark Zuckerberg decided to turn off the email notifications he was getting. :)

Just out of curiosity, do people actually go through and READ the new registration emails to inform you someone registered? I can't really see a useful purpose for them to be honest... And it certainly wouldn't scale. I wonder how many users per day Facebook was getting before Mark Zuckerberg decided to turn off the email notifications he was getting. :)

I hear you!
We get 50 or more signups in a busy day. What I need is a listing/report screen which I can go to that shows certain information they enter (location, any URL's, etc.) plus information looked up (stop forum spam, IP location)......so I can almost instantly sense if something is wrong. Fuzzy logic of checking their usernames and they way they spell locations, etc. always gives me good hints....

It takes me less than 5 minutes on the busiest days....to look, delete and approve dozens. Any system which is slower than about 10 seconds per user - looked at, approved or deleted is going to be hard for a busy forum.

I read mine on a daily basis, roughly 15-30, for two reasons. First, I have a hidden registration field which asks the person where they heard about my site. This is my most valuable tool for finding out which marketing is working and which isn't. Second, after a while you can tell which users are spam and take the appropriate measures. This is a much needed tool for Xenforo.

I read mine on a daily basis, roughly 15-30, for two reasons. First, I have a hidden registration field which asks the person where they heard about my site. This is my most valuable tool for finding out which marketing is working and which isn't. Second, after a while you can tell which users are spam and take the appropriate measures. This is a much needed tool for Xenforo.

What size forum? Because on my old forum I tracked emails in the beginning, but once we started hitting 50-100 registrations every few days it became overwhelming.

Top Bottom