Implemented Suggestion: Compulsory User Registration fields

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I can not seem to find where I can find the settings for "Required fields" in the admin area.
For example, "Location", there doesn't seemt to be a place where I can make it compulsory to fill in. Some of my registrants did not enter that field.

You cannot make Location a required field for registration. You can make custom fields (Location is not custom) required by editing them in the ACP.

In that case, I would like to make the suggestion to allow full cusomization of setting required fields when filling out a registration form.
It will make things more flexible as some owners may only want registrants with certain characteristics such as age (or location)

You can already restrict by age in the options. When you add or edit a custom field, it is one of the options.

I agree. This would work great in conjunction with Xenforo User Map. I think User Map might still be able to search custom fields for location though but not sure. But still theres no reason why Location shouldnt have this option too.

My suggestion would be to convert the existing fields to 'custom fields' (and rename the system user fields). I never understood why they didn't do this when custom fields were first introduced, it would allow for so much more flexibility. They make use of their own APIs pretty much everywhere else, why not here?

I made my location a required field but cannot remember how I did it. Not sure I know how to tell by looking in my ACP either but I know it can be done. I have both the first name and location as required fields.

Top Bottom