Implemented [Suggestion] Alert for moved/merged/locked/deleted threads

---MAD---

Hi there,

I feel that if a thread you have created is locked/moved, an alert should be displayed to the user just to notify him of the new locations (and perhaps a mod can display the reason for that action being taken that only the thread creator can see).

It's frustrating at times looking for your threads and not knowing if it has been deleted or moved somewhere or simply been bumped down a few pages due to it becoming inactive.

Thoughts?

Upvote 22
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
On large forums its often hard to manually PM a user when deleting, merging, moving a thread etc.. We do try and PM a user to advise them of the action, otherwise they can often be confused or angry that a thread has been deleted, when infact its been moved and the moved link has dropped off the first page in the forum.

It would be very useful to have a canned PM which can be edited & sent (optionally) when a mod performs an action so that the user concerned knows what's happened. They then also know which mod performed the action so if they want to query it, they can do.

It would save the mod team a lot of time by doing this.

This is especially useful when performing mod action on more than one thread.

As the suggestions are essentially the same, I've merged the threads and tweaked the title slightly.

Cheers. I have to admit I'd never heard of these alerts! lol - When they did they come into 3.8? We're currently on 3.8 Beta 2 at the moment.

I think this is very important yes. It will help alot with running day to day tasks for admins and mods

I also like this idea. I'd particularly like to see an alert regarding topics that are moved or merged. More than once I've been surprised to find myself in a different forum than I thought I was in. I generally don't mind if a moderator moves my topic to a more appropriate forum, but the forum ought to let me know this has happened.

Top Bottom