• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Suggest Dark and Seasonal Styles To Make

DRE

This is a continuation of this thread which got locked up. Some people suggested a comic book theme skin, starcraft, barbecue skin, warcraft theme and popcorn theme. I will post screenshots of those in here later and cross my fingers this thread doesn't get locked up either.

I've moved my themes out of the Other Styles section after I noticed that Russ moved his mobile theme out of that section. I didn't think it was fair to him so I moved all my styles out of that section and moved them to the other sections. Now there's only 3 styles in the Other Styles section.

After moving them all I noticed that there are now only 19 Dark styles compared to 40 Light styles. There are also only 3 seasonal styles. I would like to bring up the number of Dark and Seasonal styles. If you have any suggestions lemme know!

Shelley

A comic book themed style is something I've always wanted to design but never got around to doing. I think once I eventually get my cintiq that is something def on my todo list with hand drawn art. So a comic themed style is one I think you should attempt.

DRE

A comic book themed style is something I've always wanted to design but never got around to doing. I think once I eventually get my cintiq that is something def on my todo list with hand drawn art. So a comic themed style is one I think you should attempt.
Every other post I gotta google what your talking about. So cintiq is a wacom pen eh?

I want a wacom!!! My first talent is art. I can draw with my eyes closed. When I get a wacom I'mma be having fun!!!!

captainslater

This would be so awesome!!

DRE

Sylar

Ah, my bad. Just to me that theme doesn't portray the apple idea. Maybe add some darker gradients that are sort of glossy for the cat_headings?

Shelley

I installed it on my site but for the resource version It will look different according to your suggestions.

Purp Fluid
http://www.8thos.com/misc/style?style_id=75
Purp Fixed
http://www.8thos.com/misc/style?style_id=76

View attachment 29182
Try lowering the tone of the gradients (navigation menu) when I think of an apple theme I think of something light, clean and minimalistic. Add in some gloss where necessary (perhaps cat headers) node icons etc but overall I think a light based minimalistic approach is the best route here.

Ps. I wouldn't start going overboard with the gloss and I think you really need to tone down the gradients, there's just far too much contrast in them. Though if your going for a dark theme, ignore everything I suggested.

DRE

Try lowering the tone of the gradients (navigation menu) when I think of an apple theme I think of something light, clean and minimalistic. Add in some gloss where necessary (perhaps cat headers) node icons etc but overall I think a light based minimalistic approach is the best route here.

Ps. I wouldn't start going overboard with the gloss and I think you really need to tone down the gradients, there's just far too much contrast in them. Though if your going for a dark theme, ignore everything I suggested.
I don't know how to do the glossy stuff or change the category headers. They are really ugly.