1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Successful migration from VB 3.7

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Napalm_beach, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Napalm_beach

Napalm_beach Member

I just wanted to post a big thank you to XenForo and its staff.

We had a mid-size vBulletin board, 1.3MM posts, 85,000 users, that was converted from a home-brew forum in 2008 (so it was shakey to begin with) and highly modified. New tables, new fields in VB tables, 6 active sets of templates, lots of hacks, both professional and very amateur. I was terrified to move, to put it mildly.

Well, the XF import scripts ran _without a hitch_. I was blown away. The resulting forum is fast, stable, and even my users (old men... the most non-tech people you can even imagine) settled back down into posting content on the first day we went live.

I don't know if you've gone through a forum conversion before, but to have ZERO login issues, ZERO missing media, posts, uploads... it defies belief. Most boards I see, it takes days to settle them back down.

The mods and devs here were quick to respond to my sometimes ridiculous questions (note to self: RTFM), and the community has been very supportive as well. This is a good product surrounded by good people.

Thanks everyone, your help is much appreciated.
    Erel, DroidOne, 0ptima and 6 others like this.
  2. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Great to keep reading these successful migration stories :)

Welcome to XenForo !
    abdfahim likes this.
  3. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

Feels amazing, doesn't it?
  4. Napalm_beach

Napalm_beach Member

It makes me realize that I am not accustomed to software that does what it claims to do. I can focus on my user's learning curve and requested mods, and not get hung up on missing data and failed logins. So yeah, it feels amazing!
    abdfahim likes this.