Successful migration from VB 3.7

I just wanted to post a big thank you to XenForo and its staff.

We had a mid-size vBulletin board, 1.3MM posts, 85,000 users, that was converted from a home-brew forum in 2008 (so it was shakey to begin with) and highly modified. New tables, new fields in VB tables, 6 active sets of templates, lots of hacks, both professional and very amateur. I was terrified to move, to put it mildly.

Well, the XF import scripts ran _without a hitch_. I was blown away. The resulting forum is fast, stable, and even my users (old men... the most non-tech people you can even imagine) settled back down into posting content on the first day we went live.

I don't know if you've gone through a forum conversion before, but to have ZERO login issues, ZERO missing media, posts, uploads... it defies belief. Most boards I see, it takes days to settle them back down.

The mods and devs here were quick to respond to my sometimes ridiculous questions (note to self: RTFM), and the community has been very supportive as well. This is a good product surrounded by good people.

Thanks everyone, your help is much appreciated.

It makes me realize that I am not accustomed to software that does what it claims to do. I can focus on my user's learning curve and requested mods, and not get hung up on missing data and failed logins. So yeah, it feels amazing!

Top Bottom