1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 subscription link suddenly disappeared

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by snoopy5, Dec 5, 2012.

  1. snoopy5

    snoopy5 Well-Known Member

    Hi

    I have several subscription offers for my users. Always with PayPal. This worked all fine over the last weeks, except that today a users contacted me, that the subcription link in the userprofile is not visible anymore.

    I just checked and even as an admin, I can not see the link anymore. Neither in the user profile itself on the left hand, nor in the dropdown box in the top navigation bar, when clicking on my username.

    I logged in into PP and everything seems fine there.

    What can be the reason for this and how can I fix it?
     
  2. snoopy5

    snoopy5 Well-Known Member

    update:

    in the dropdownbox and in the user profile, it seems to be a layout bug. See screenshot. The link is not visible, but a which space instead if I go with the mouse over it. No text though. But if I click on that white pace, it leads me to the correct subscription page.

    myurl/index.php?account/upgrades

    Any idea what could that have caused this?

    subscribelink_missing.jpg
     
  3. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Possibly a template edit or phrase problem. I suggest troubleshooting your style and language. Or give me a URL and admin login and I can take a look.
     
  4. melbo

    melbo Well-Known Member

    Did this ever resolve?
    I just noticed the same thing and I don't know how long it's been affecting my forum.
    No link in the dropdown nor in the left sidebar of the Account page.
     
  5. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    I don't think he PMed me.
     
  6. melbo

    melbo Well-Known Member

    If I pull out the xen:if, it appears.

    What is this looking for to determine whether or not to display the link?
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$xenCache.userUpgradeCount}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/upgrades}">{xen:phrase account_upgrades}</a></li></xen:if>
     
  7. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    That is the number of purchasable user upgrades. If you have no upgrades created or none are purchasable then it will be false and not show the link.
     
  8. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    {$xenCache.userUpgradeCount} was empty when it shouldn't be. I rebuilt the cache by editing/saving one of your upgrades. That fixed the problem.
     
    kontrabass likes this.
  9. snoopy5

    snoopy5 Well-Known Member


    Hi

    problem still exists. But I had too juc stress at work, so I could not resolve this yet. Will send a PM to Jake.
     
  10. melbo

    melbo Well-Known Member

    He fixed it by opening up one of the user upgrades and then saving it to rebuild the cache
     
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  11. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    The link was there, but the "account_upgrades" phrase in your language was translated as empty. I reverted the phrase. The link is showing now.
     
    snoopy5 likes this.
  12. snoopy5

    snoopy5 Well-Known Member

    Thanks!
     

Share This Page