XF 2.2 Suddenly admin link not working

BasilFawlty

Active member
I recently found that when I click on the "admin" link in the upper left of the page to go to the Admin section, it does not work. What happens is, a new tab opens but the admin page does not load. Instead I end up with a new tab with the default new tab (This is with Safari). However, if I highlight the Admin link, and right-click, then "Copy Link" and paste that into a new tab, the admin page opens just fine.

Any ideas what might be causing this weird behavior?
 
Solution
UPDATE in case anyone using Safari runs into this issue.
Turns out it was something to do with "Tab Groups" which is a new feature of Safari where you can create "groups" of tabs that are related. I discovered that I only had the issue when I was trying to open my forum, then click the admin link when accessing my site as part of one of those Tab Groups. I deleted that tab group and just opened the forum as a stand alone web page, not part of a tab group, and it started working again. I recreated the original Tab Group and it is still working. So, something in that original Tab Group got corrupted and was causing the issue, but it is all working now. No idea what got corrupted to cause the issue, but if you run input an issue when...

BasilFawlty

Active member
Yes, it does seem like most likely a browser issue. It does work with Chrome and also with Safari on my other computer (MacBook Pro). I tried clearing all cookies and don't have any extensions running. Also tried quitting and restring Safari as well as restarting computer. Not sure where else to look, but agree it's probably a browser issue.
 

BasilFawlty

Active member
UPDATE in case anyone using Safari runs into this issue.
Turns out it was something to do with "Tab Groups" which is a new feature of Safari where you can create "groups" of tabs that are related. I discovered that I only had the issue when I was trying to open my forum, then click the admin link when accessing my site as part of one of those Tab Groups. I deleted that tab group and just opened the forum as a stand alone web page, not part of a tab group, and it started working again. I recreated the original Tab Group and it is still working. So, something in that original Tab Group got corrupted and was causing the issue, but it is all working now. No idea what got corrupted to cause the issue, but if you run input an issue when links on a web site are not opening in a new browser tab, try opening the site and checking the link when the site is not part of a Tab Group.
 
Solution
Top