Styling/Skinning System

Taylor J

Okay I don't know if this has been asked yet or not, but what does the styling system look like or what will it look like? To be truly honest I would like it to be like IPB 3 as imho it is the best skinning system out there.

Ahhh okay thanks, was just wondering as I will probably start desinging/skinning and importing my IPB3 skins to XF just to help out another software which I am already in love with.

Didn't testet the IPB skin system, but I like the WBB3 skin system actually a lot. Normal Boxes for main designing and a CSS editor for your CSS Code.

I'm exited about the skin system on the XF. :)

I am looking forward to some sneak peaks at the template's system but I would also suggest to wait patiently... it seems that Kier and Mike's plan is to slowly release features/previews so as not to give us all heart attacks by overloading us with coolness.

I am looking forward to some sneak peaks at the template's system but I would also suggest to wait patiently... it seems that Kier and Mike's plan is to slowly release features/previews so as not to give us all heart attacks by overloading us with coolness.

Not to mention every time they point out a particular feature, a flurry of messages hits the forums... well, more than usual.

Not to mention every time they point out a particular feature, a flurry of messages hits the forums... well, more than usual.

Indeed... Just look at the first 48hours.... with so much new stuff at once the board exploded with activity, then with every new feature post since it has just continued to explode.

It will be hell to customize the whole style to something different if it's based on vBulletin.
Too many elements <=> Too many features => Too many things to style from zero.

Just tell me how many pure custom vBulletin styles exist. There aren't any blank templates to start with, just a predefined default one. The only things I've been seeing happen all these years (from 2005) are color variations of the default style and maybe some image replacements. Designers/developers should have full power and the ability to do more in less time.

It will be hell to customize the whole style to something different if it's based on vBulletin.
Too many elements <=> Too many features => Too many things to style from zero.

Just tell me how many pure custom vBulletin styles exist. There aren't any blank templates to start with, just a predefined default one. The only things I've been seeing happen all these years (from 2005) are color variations of the default style and maybe some image replacements. Designers/developers should have full power and the ability to do more in less time.

Totally agree with you on this point... what I like is that this default style is SOOO minimilistic it should be really simple to customize it and throw thing around however you want... I have already done some playing around using DOM inspector on this site and with a handful of CSS lines you can completely change the look and feel of this site and I am not just talking about color changes but full layout changes it is so nice and fluid...

Imagine what you can do with template access and the ability to change the HTML source itself :D I am excited.

Yeah but on this point, I have to come back to the WBB3.
You have a main template pack, which you can't change. If you want to change a template, you create a new template pack and give your style this special template pack with custom templates. So your main templates are still as they are and not changeable. I would love to see this feature also on the XF, maybe in another type/form. :)

Top Bottom