XF 2 Proper comments system

xffutureuser

Hello,
I come from vB5 where it is possible to write a comment below a reply. I mean threaded discussions. i.e. reply comments. As discussed over here.

I have checked both solutions mentioned there but:
[TH] Post Comments solution has so many bugs, errors that it's actually not ready for production, yet.
[tl] Post Reply has a nice design but many useful features from the stock version has been stripped, plus several bugs.
I contacted both of them to fix the issues, but i think they will not even bother.

Therefore I guess the only solution is to hire someone to create a proper comments system.

The design could be also similar to what vB5 has with the same functionality.

Or similar design to [tl] could be good too but there these problem would have to be fixed, or proper comments system should have:

1. I need these "Reply" and "Quote" buttons for selected text to work also for comments and other replies.

2. the "Reply" button should keep it's function as it does in stock version and for comments a "Comments" button should be made.

3. when there is more comments, they are hiding. I want all comments to see without extra clicks. This is what users want. They are asking for it. I am just trying to listen to them.

Better than hiding comments is to limit the number of comments under a reply to, for example, 20 comments. If that number is reached, moderator should move it and create a regular topic out of that reply and comments should convert to regular replies.

The purpose of a comment is to give a short response to a reply, like: thanks, ok, I agree, Yes, and so on. If too long and too many comments are created under a reply, it should be moved to a separate topic.

4. When I get an email about a new comment posted, the link in the email doesn't bring me to that comment. That is a big problem too. So that would have to be fixed too.

5. There should be icons (or text), like in the stock version (or a similar solution), for sharing the link of the comment:

The design, something in this style could be good too, I guess:

+1 this would be really nice to see......i had not yet looked closely at the current options but i was thinking it as "very important"

its one of the only things i liked about vb5, but when i gave up on that platform, they didnt even have these basic features thats been mentioned....its really worth to do right with this one.....moderation, notifications, navigation....get it all proper and im sure it would get used

Top Bottom