1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Styles and Add-Ons Installation Support

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by GothamHoops, Oct 7, 2011.

1. GothamHoops

GothamHoops Member

I'm having trouble find the exact "root" to upload files of styles and add-ons. Any and all support is much appreciated! Thank you!
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Where is your forum currently installed, in relation to your domain root?

What is the URL of your forum home page?

Which add-on are you trying to install?
  3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Most add-ons needs to be uploaded into your xenforo root directory (or if they have no library directory, you need to upload them into your xenforo root/library directory.
  4. Brogan

I've already explained this in a conversation ragtek, so I'm just trying to get some specifics so we can explain exactly where the files for a particular add-on need to be uploaded.
  5. GothamHoops

GothamHoops Member

The url of my home page is www.gothamhoops.com/forum

The forum is installed as an extension of my domain root

I'm trying to install XenPorta

Hopefully this info helps
  6. Brogan

That add-on states to "upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root".

Which in your case is www.gothamhoops.com/forum so upload the contents there.
  7. GothamHoops

GothamHoops Member

I was unable to successfully add XenPorta to the site! Now I'm still stuck on successfully uploading the Aurora style
  8. Brogan

What was the error you received trying to install it?
  9. GothamHoops

GothamHoops Member

I didn't receive an installation error but the style isn't appearing as it should be on the site. I'm just looking at a white-based page.
  10. Brogan

I don't see that style available in the style chooser.

Ensure you have made it available for selection.
  11. GothamHoops

GothamHoops Member

On where? I'm not exactly sure where and what I need to upload
  12. Brogan

The installation instructions for the Aurora style are included in the .zip file.

1. Upload the contents of the upload directory into the styles folder located in the root of your XenForo installation.

2. Go into your XenForo Admin Control Panel, click on Styles, and then click on "Import a Style" in the left-hand navigation list.

3. Click on the Choose File button and select the style-Aurora.xml file.

To install any of the child themes (like Aurora Fluid) use ONLY step 2 and 3 above and select the theme from the child_themes folder.

Please make sure you specify Aurora as the PARENT theme!

Note: For the child themes YOU DO NOT need anything else other than the child theme xml files.

Enjoy Aurora!