• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed  Style Chooser is having fits (multiple styles)

Elizabeth

I was okay as long as I had no more than 2 styles, the one shipped with it and mine (Secret City Designs) the one in yellow.
Firefox_homepage.PNG
However, I have more styles to add so that users can download free styles to use from my site. They need to see them on my site as a demo. I had loaded two and decided to check to see how they were working. So I went to the style chooser:
Firefox_stylechooser.PNG

And picked Celebration as you can see...
Firefox_adminprofile.PNG

However, what I see is still the first image: Secret City Designs.
I checked in Opera and it works fine. I've cleared my cache and it still doesn't help. Short of clearing out passwords, history, the entire nine yards which is something I really do not want to do each time I want to change styles, I don't know why it's holding onto it so hard. And it's not something I need my clients to have to do either.

Any help? Or is Firefox just being a pill?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I just tested here and on my local install with Firefox and I don't get the problem you're reporting.

Have you tried CTRL+F5, that normally resolves any issues with FF.

Elizabeth

I've gotten Firefox to refresh several times, it still won't budge off my personal default theme to allow for a different choice to view others.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure what to suggest.

You say it works OK in other browsers and I can't reproduce the problem on 2 sites using Firefox.

Presumably you're using the same account on each browser?
It's not that you've forced that style?

Elizabeth

Yes, I am using the same account in each browser to be fair. I checked to make sure I wasn't forcing the style...did that once before to myself.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
FWIW, I just checked your site using FF, Chrome and IE and I was able to change the style in each one to check all styles.

I would just try restarting Firefox and/or your computer.

Steve F

I get this also on my localhost. Clearing history, cache ect works ok for a while but the problem comes back. Trying to switch to any style just reloads the page and the style remains the same as before choosing to switch. If I log out I am able to switch styles without issues in all browsers I have installed, IE8, Chrome & FF.

Dean

This is causing me grief too.. 2 installs of xf, erratic behavior.

edit: confirmed. At least on one test site, cannot select with ff, but can in chrome.. this has never happened before with xf.

We are also working through some other things.

Dean

To be clear, we reverted the footer template which was outdated, and the issue still exists.. only in fire fox.

Yes I cleared the cache, and did a hard re-fresh.

EDIT: we only have 2 styles. Default, and custom style.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I'm taking a stab in the dark, but moving this to bugs to remind me to look at it. When changing the style as a logged in user, clear the style cookie.

Dean

I'm taking a stab in the dark, but moving this to bugs to remind me to look at it. When changing the style as a logged in user, clear the style cookie.
That did it.

Deleted the xf_style_id cookie which was set to 3. Now I can select the default skin. I changed back and forth several times and now it works fine..

:)

Miko

Thank you for the "temporary solution"
Logging out and then logging back in causes the same problem until manually deleting the xf_style_id cookie again.

Weird things on my localhost is working fine.

I'm using Firefox 4.0 Beta 8 on Mac OS X 10.6.6

Miko

Do any of you have debug mode on? I was having the same issues and corrected it when I disabled debug mode.
Debug is turned on, on my localhost and it's working fine.

My second test server with Debug turned off, it's not working.

Opposite of your situation :p

John

Debug is turned on, on my localhost and it's working fine.

My second test server with Debug turned off, it's not working.

Opposite of your situation :p
Yeah, once I turned debug back on I was fine as well...without having to delete any cookies. Most odd :/

Miko

Yeah, once I turned debug back on I was fine as well...without having to delete any cookies. Most odd :/
Very odd indeed, funny things on my localhost is working perfectly.
For a moment I thought I messed something up when I upgraded my dev forum... I'm glad it wasn't my code!