• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Multiple styles..

FredC

I personally dont use multiple styles.. I prefer the idea of brand recognition and my forum colors and logo are the brand.. With that maintaining multiple themes is troublesome and just adds workload. I know one style will never please everyone so maintaining multiple styles could be considered a plus for some members who say prefer dark skins over default light.. Also (and i have no experience here) ive heard that multiple styles comes with a performance degradation. I myself have no intention of ever maintaining more then one style per domain, but the subject does interest me, especially since my latest community utilizes a professional style UI.X and ive found upgrading these things a nightmare without adding Parents, Aunts and Uncle styles.. Will probably move away from that in the future and move back to a modified default skin..

So my question to those who use multiple themes, Why???

And to those who only use one, Why?

Pros? Cons?

TeflonDon

So my question to those who use multiple themes, Why???

Pros? Cons?
It's impossible to please everyone, providing some options seemed like a good idea. The only difference in performance that I've noticed is it takes a little longer to process when adding or removing an addon. Nothing that members would notice.

Pros: Members love it.
Cons: More work to keep them all updated. Although its not a huge deal as they're all roughly based off the same style.