1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Stuck on Step 4 - Install

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Donna Austin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Donna Austin

Donna Austin New Member

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I am stuck on Step 4 from this page: https://xenforo.com/help/installation/

When I type in www.ladiesactionnetwork/Xenforo/upload/install, I get the dreaded "Page cannot be found" error.

Here is a pic of my FileZilla screen:
    filezilla snapshot.jpg

Please help if you can. I am not experienced in creating websites. I am attempting to get this forum set up on my daughter's new website. She wants me to direct the opening page to the login for the forum, but I can't even get the forum installation completed. The page currently is directed to Google's start page.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The publicly accessible web root would usually be inside the public_html directory. Therefore, it looks like you would need to move the "Xenforo" directory into the public_html directory, and then the XenForo install would be available at the URL you're using.

3. Donna Austin

Donna Austin New Member

I'm gonna try that. Thanks, Chris.

4. Donna Austin

Donna Austin New Member

Hmmm....well, I didn't get the dreaded "Page Cannot Be Found". Instead, I got this screen and when I used my XenForo customer login, I received a new error:
    loginerror.jpg

The only password I have is the XenForo customer login one. Begging again for help.

5. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

This is the username and password for your site, not the XenForo customer ones ;)

6. Donna Austin

Donna Austin New Member

I feel so stupid. But I feel a little smarter thanks to you, Jeremy. It worked.

Jeremy P likes this.
  7. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

We were all new once :p Glad it worked!