1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Stuck on "Running upgrade to 1.3.0 Alpha, step 8" on CLI Upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Douglas Taylor, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Douglas Taylor

Douglas Taylor Active Member

Has this been a problem with anyone else? Approaching two hours here :/
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That step operates on the xf_ip table. How big is that table in your database? How many records?

Maybe your shell session timed out. Try to reconnect and run the upgrade again. It will start where it left off.
  3. Douglas Taylor

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 11.33.32 PM.png It is pretty big. Over a million posts. Tables are locked again. Suggest resetting mysql and restarting from cli?

I've done this a couple times over the last few hours when the tables lock, not sure if I'm just spinning in circles :|
  4. Douglas Taylor

Stiiiiiiill going.

Figure I would probably inquire about how to make the process much easier for larger forums.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

In that screenshot, the query has only been running for < 20 minutes. If you're killing the process and restarting it, you're potentially just scrapping all of the work.

There's nothing that we can really do to speed up the process. This is internal to how MySQL rebuilds tables. You can potentially look at making sure you have MySQL as optimized as possible with respect to I/O, but otherwise there isn't a ton that can be done.