• Mastercard 3D secure
  • Bancontact (Belgium online banking)
  • EPS (Austria online banking)
  • GiroPay (Germany online banking)
  • iDeal (Dutch online banking)
  • MultiBanco (Portugal online banking)
  • P24 (Poland online banking)
  • SEPA (European online banking)
  • Sofort / Klarna (European online banking)
  • WeChat Pay (Social Network popular in China , Asia, Europe and South America)
  • AliPay (China online banking)
Unfortunately XF supports none of the above. There is an awesome addon which supports the second list but unfortunately its unsupported. It would be valuable to add this to XF.

Last edited:
Upvote 17
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Stripe has just added the following payment methods:
  • Amex Express Checkout
  • Visa Checkout
  • Masterpass by Mastercard
Stripe also supports:
  • Apple Pay
  • Google Pay
  • Microsoft Pay
  • ACH (US online banking)
  • Mastercard 3D secure
  • Bancontact (Belgium online banking)
  • EPS (Austria online banking)
  • iDeal (Dutch online banking)
  • MultiBanco (Portugal online banking)
  • P24 (Poland online banking)
  • WeChat Pay (Social Network popular in China , Asia, Europe and South America)
  • AliPay (China online banking)
Unfortunately XF supports none of the above. There is an awesome addon which supports the second list but unfortunately its unsupported. It would be valuable to add this to XF.
Apple Pay is supported, https://xenforo.com/community/threads/support-apple-pay-via-stripe.126620/#post-1259254

I think Stripe might add these methods into their new Checkout API. Last I spoke to their devs on IRC they said they were looking into adding more methods into that (this was a while ago though, and none have been added since). It would probably be a good idea to wait and see if they do add more into Checkout sometime soon - it would be much easier to integrate one Checkout API than try to integrate each of those services in the OP.

There are so many great methods we could use :D

Last edited:
+1 For Klarna via Stripe.

We have it enabled in Stripe checkout on one site for all sorts of payments outside of XF.

It would be very useful to be able to offer Klarna for expensive 12 month subscription user upgrades.

If the checkout process used Stipe checkout instead of keeping it on site, it might be easier to enable features like this.

The Klarna company faces huge challenges. If you rely on it for income then start planning for alternatives. Thankfully Stripe offers a good range.

We've not really used it at all for the site I had in mind in my last post. Just trying to figure out a way to allow people to pay for a £100-£400 a year subscription and have all the money go to the site owner immediately (ensuring a full 12 month commitment), but allow the customer to spread the payments out.

Klarna is the only company I've heard of or used in the past for something like this, although I'm sure there's many others. But I did see they already have a Stripe integration.

Switching to monthly payments isn't really an option as it becomes pretty much impossible to ensure a minimum commitment length.

We've not really used it at all for the site I had in mind in my last post. Just trying to figure out a way to allow people to pay for a £100-£400 a year subscription and have all the money go to the site owner immediately (ensuring a full 12 month commitment), but allow the customer to spread the payments out.

Klarna is the only company I've heard of or used in the past for something like this, although I'm sure there's many others. But I did see they already have a Stripe integration.

Switching to monthly payments isn't really an option as it becomes pretty much impossible to ensure a minimum commitment length.
Affirm, Klarna and Paypal (pay in 4) are the most widely used as far as I know.

Top Bottom