XF 2.1 Strange message

Abraham54

I upgraded my forum to XF 2.1

This message appears: The Board URL option does not match the site URL configured for your license.

That is strange - it still is the same addres I use since 2016.

The files from piepcomp.nl are in use on that other forum, that's why you're seeing the warning.

You need to use the files for the correct license on the Nationaal Computer Forum.

Take a look at this. This is the Install History for the piepcomp.nl forum:

2 minutes ago on nationaalcomputerforum.nl you checked for upgrades, right?

Well that logged it against the piepcomp.nl license. This means you are still using the piepcomp.nl files on the nationaalcomputerforum.nl forum.

You are somehow still uploading the wrong files.

In which case, please submit a ticket from the customer area and please provide an Admin CP login and access to the FTP. You may submit this from your own Customer Area if you wish, but I need to have the Admin and FTP details for nationaalcomputerforum.nl.

We just keep a log of the info sent to us when your forum checks for upgrades (part of the one-click upgrade system). Literally just the info you see there, plus the versions of any XF add-ons you have installed.

It's really useful for diagnosing these issues with license URLs. Especially as when you have multiple licenses, occasionally using the wrong files for the wrong license may make it look like a license breach has occurred (such as using the wrong version) when really it was just a case of uploading the wrong files.

Hello Chris, I think what is determining is the IP-address from where the files were uploaded.
That is why I asked dekort to upload the upgradefiles himself.

Happy now.
A few minutes ago I went into Admin of NCF and checked for updates again.
Fully surprised the message came: Your version of XenForo and official add-ons are fully up-to-date. No issues were identified with your license.

So yesterdays second replacement with files supplied by dekort did the trick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom