1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Strange behaviour of editor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Spenser, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Spenser

Spenser Active Member

Two of my moderators complain, that they see a strange behaviour of the editor when editing a post. It shows like this:
    CB-Edit.JPG
    They see some HTML Code inside the editor. I tried using their account but could not reproduce the problem. They haven't had this until update to 1.1.2.
    As I can use their account without a problem this probably is a client-side thing. Any ideas what to do about this?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's displaying the HTML markup, which is normally hidden.

Which browser(s) are they using and do they have any add-ons/extensions installed on the browser(s)?

3. Spenser

Spenser Active Member

This seems to appear on different browsers. I will ask them for exact specs.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It could also be related to an add-on, unless you can reproduce it or isolate the add-on responsible though, it will be difficult to track down.

5. Spenser

Spenser Active Member

OK, it happens with IE and Firefox (latest). Don't have any add-on info yet (I don't really think he uses any add-on with IE as he only used it for testing in this case and normally uses firefox).

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That looks like a fairly standard style, but try to have them confirm it on a 100% vanilla style with any board add-ons disabled.

7. Spenser

Spenser Active Member

Will do and report here.

8. Spenser

Spenser Active Member

Shift-F5 cleared the problem.

Have changes been made with the editor from .1 to .2? I think there was an old version in the cache.