1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StopForumSpam Database Ruined?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kaiser, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Dont know what happened, just after I was done signing up they seem to have started getting an error... dont know if they got hacked or something. http://www.stopforumspam.com/

Is it just me?
  2. cornishman

cornishman Active Member

Yep, they seem to be having problems :(
  3. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

4. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

This message paid for by Friends of Botscout.com.

Botscout: Where Anthony gets a kickback!

5. Wired

Wired Active Member

Been getting errors tonight as well from SFS.

Anthony: Why botscout? What makes them better than SFS?
  6. AnthonyCea

Botscout has been around for a good long while and are for real, I do believe they have a better platform than SFS to be honest, although SFS is good too.
  7. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

apache@localhost... lol..

Could be a ddos attack I suppose, or maybe they just have some random problems.
  8. AnthonyCea

www.projecthoneypot.org is constantly attacked by spammers and hackers, they even publish a page listing the IP's of the attacks against them.

When you expose spammers and hackers you place a bullseye on your back, so this can be expected.

You need a great software firewall (mod security) and some great server admins to stay online in the anti-spam business.
  9. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Well they are fixed now. and anthony, the ones u keep recommending cant be integrated to xenforo or dont have a addon available.
  10. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Going over the connection limit does not mean they were hacked :p

And the apache@localhost stuff is just each call to mysql_query trying to connect to the default server specified in php.ini, since the proper connection failed.
  11. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Should have it for you in an hour or so. It doesn't see to be that hard.
  12. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

GeeksKickAss and Dean like this.