Fixed Still getting email notifications

S Thomas

Affected version
I've disabled all email notifications under /community/account/preferences on this board. Also, I've now twice disabled email notifications via the link in an email ("disable all emails"), yet I'm getting email notifications.

I've disabled all email notifications under /community/account/preferences on this board. Also, I've now twice disabled email notifications via the link in an email ("disable all emails"), yet I'm getting email notifications.
You have to unwatch the threads to stop getting email alerts.

I'm confused, isn't that what "disable all emails" should do? I'm not talking about the preference, I'm talking about the link in an email. I mean, it explicitly reads as :
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.
Unwatching would remove alert notifications aswell, that's not what I'm looking for.

Sorry I closed this thinking it was the preference (that comes up a lot).

It does seem to be the case that requests to your email stop URL are not setting the email_subscribe field to 0 as expected. You're watching 57 threads, and 53 of them are still with email notification.

We'll need to look into this.

You can update the preferences manually using the Watched threads page here: https://xenforo.com/community/watched/threads

Unwatching would remove alert notifications aswell, that's not what I'm looking for.
Yeah but you could re-subscribe :X3:

watch.webp

It's just that when you change your preferences, email alerts for threads you've already "watched" do not change.

I can't say what the link from an actual email to unsubscribe to all emails points to because I normally disable all emails anyway haha, so I couldn't check that one out, but I guess that needs to fix according to Chris.

Top Bottom