Fixed  Sticky Thread doesn't stay on top

You're on page 2+ of that forum, aren't you? :)

Stickies show up on page 1. They're not removed from other pages, so they just flow in as per normal. I was confused by this earlier today, but I can see some value in it if people get to page 2. It's very easy to ignore sticky threads, so this could help ensure they get read if there are some recent updates.

Though really, I forget why I did it this way specifically. Doh!

You're on page 2+ of that forum, aren't you? :)

Stickies show up on page 1. They're not removed from other pages, so they just flow in as per normal. I was confused by this earlier today, but I can see some value in it if people get to page 2. It's very easy to ignore sticky threads, so this could help ensure they get read if there are some recent updates.

Though really, I forget why I did it this way specifically. Doh!

Yes, that actually confused me a few times. I wasn't sure if it's helpful or just adds to momentary confusion, but at least now I know it's on purpose and not a bug.

Hrmmmmm, yeah. I'm leaning towards "it's confusing as is". If the sticky shows up at the top of the first page, don't let it show up anywhere else.

Side note: Is there the option for stickies to show on all pages of the forum, or only on the first?

This has changed now BTW. The stickies are somewhat "separate" in terms of counts. So technically, the stick threads aren't included in the "showing threads x to y of z" value, but that's mostly unavoidable unless calculation of the number of stickies (that you can view) is done on each page.

This has changed now BTW. The stickies are somewhat "separate" in terms of counts. So technically, the stick threads aren't included in the "showing threads x to y of z" value, but that's mostly unavoidable unless calculation of the number of stickies (that you can view) is done on each page.
But will the stickies still show up on other pages in addition to being at the top?

(however it is implemented is fine with me, but would like to know)

Top Bottom