Stick a fork in me.

Pope Viper

I'm done with VB. The actions of the past few days, the introduction of yet ANOTHER "premium" mod that none that I know of asked for, minimal focus on the core project have pushed me over the edge.

I'm going to wait for 1.1 to come out, make all the graphics/template/add on changes, then pull the trigger. I was lacking an arcade, but at this point I don't feel it's worth the effort, and folks can wait.

I'll probably be pestering folks more so I can get things prepped as quickly as possible. I appreciate any help you fine folks can give me.

Honestly, I don't know what to think of the facebook thing - I thought they've been doing it for quite some time, what makes this different? o_O

I just read the blog post, and I have to say; I understand your frustration. They're adding more features to the "product" than actually improving the software. Most of the features are all about pushing content into facebook, and then the fanpage.

But again, it's pretty much the same thing that we've known for a while - and for them to "introduce" these features seems a little, too late. Most of the "steps" to advertise your forum is already on the internet, and marketers advise you to use the tactics vBulletin is "fixing" to treat your forum as a "help" service. Which in itself is a bad idea.

Why? Because this means "less work" for the webmaster. And even it they employ these tactics, it still doesn't help. vB4's problems is all around SEO. Not even vb4's Facebook features as it is right now....will work.

Fix the SEO, then introduce this feature. THEN everyone's happy, other than that. Shoot yourself in the foot.

Yep, I'm on there. If that XFA is that close to beta, I've got even more of push to go.

Oh, and as for games, I've got about 7000, if anyone is interested. :P

No, as in is it really the appropriate forum to discuss vBulletin + Facebook.
Seeing as how that was what led the OP to make his decision to migrate to XF, then, yes, that bit of information would be a bit pertinent to the discussion.

Seeing as how that was what led the OP to make his decision to migrate to XF, then, yes, that bit of information would be a bit pertinent to the discussion.

I don't feel that it is necessary to talk further about vBulletin, because the thread could potentially become another vBulletin flame war.

I'm done with VB. The actions of the past few days, the introduction of yet ANOTHER "premium" mod that none that I know of asked for, minimal focus on the core project have pushed me over the edge.

I'm going to wait for 1.1 to come out, make all the graphics/template/add on changes, then pull the trigger. I was lacking an arcade, but at this point I don't feel it's worth the effort, and folks can wait.

I'll probably be pestering folks more so I can get things prepped as quickly as possible. I appreciate any help you fine folks can give me.
Just do what I did for the "integrated arcade" on my Xenforo site, links in sig :D

Top Bottom