Stick a fork in me.

myBB is good, but it - from what I understand and seen - doesn't have an arcade mod.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I have no problem with being wrong.

I certainly wasn't trying to start a VB bashing session, there's enough of that are their own forums. I simply wanted to share my decision, my reasons behind, and the fact I'm going to be begging for help from you guys.

Sorry if I went too far off topic in the off topic forum. :)\

One other thing, I found it quite chuckalicious that Steve M. liked this post. Love ya, Steve, mean it!

I certainly wasn't trying to start a VB bashing session, there's enough of that are their own forums. I simply wanted to share my decision, my reasons behind, and the fact I'm going to be begging for help from you guys.

Sorry if I went too far off topic in the off topic forum. :)\

One other thing, I found it quite chuckalicious that Steve M. liked this post. Love ya, Steve, mean it!
Chuckalicious? :p

I send Facebook a far more detailed explanation of the privacy concerns, including the potential for COPPA violations. 20 minutes after submitting it, I received a phone call. Expect them to take it serious.

The app itself was a good idea. Not giving a Canadian rat's cancered ass about privacy - that I don't understand at all. They didn't even use good common sense.

Some of the comments in that thread from vB staff members is a bit. surprising. Some of them seem to be losing recognition of the point where it is better to not reply at all instead of replying with what they truly think when representing their employer.

Why should they start now? We already saw that once during the whole pricing structure change debacle. Which is why I'm here.

I'm done with VB. The actions of the past few days, the introduction of yet ANOTHER "premium" mod that none that I know of asked for, minimal focus on the core project have pushed me over the edge.

I'm going to wait for 1.1 to come out, make all the graphics/template/add on changes, then pull the trigger. I was lacking an arcade, but at this point I don't feel it's worth the effort, and folks can wait.

I'll probably be pestering folks more so I can get things prepped as quickly as possible. I appreciate any help you fine folks can give me.

It's also the straw that broke the camels back for me. The mod looks to be quite well developed and I particularly like the UI but at least for me, it's a clear indication that there is little intention to deliver on the promises laid out for vB4. I still own, co-own or admin a number of vBulletin forums but I'm determined to put the effort in now and start migrating them to XenForo.

myBB is good, but it - from what I understand and seen - doesn't have an arcade mod.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I have no problem with being wrong.

MyBB is really a decent software, I would say the best of the free forums but their official community and staff are very inmature and childish. If you do not need support with it and do not have the need to go to their official forums for help, then it is fine. Otherwise do not touch MyBB with a 6 feet pole :D

MyBB is really a decent software, I would say the best of the free forums but their official community and staff are very inmature and childish. If you do not need support with it and do not have the need to go to their official forums for help, then it is fine. Otherwise do not touch MyBB with a 6 feet pole :D
Wow. I didn't know it was that bad.

Yikes. :notworthy:

Funny you should say that because i noticed this myself, and I've been registered at the mybb forums for around 6 years (I'm really getting old). Not that I needed support but I feel a product needs a good supporting community, for me it's part of the product a very big part because most people will always need support throughout their time using any given product.

Anyway, not knocking the software, or it's community I've seen alot of helpful members over there but thought I'd chime in because I have noticed this myself in the past that more are arrogant and to the point their sarcasm gets the better of them. I say that like it's a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Funny you should say that because i noticed this myself, and I've been registered at the mybb forums for around 6 years (I'm really getting old). Not that I needed support but I feel a product needs a good supporting community, for me it's part of the product a very big part because most people will always need support throughout their time using any given product.

Anyway, not knocking the software, or it's community I've seen alot of helpful members over there but thought I'd chime in because I have noticed this myself in the past that more are arrogant and to the point their sarcasm gets the better of them. I say that like it's a bad thing. :rolleyes:
'Getting' :whistle:.

:sneaky:.

Top Bottom