Steve Jobs -- 6 More Weeks to Live :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft got their hands on a lot of technology that they wanted plus the stock they got turned into a gold mine. They were also very interested in keeping a viable (albeit weak) competitor going at the time or they could have ended up being split up like Standard oil and AT&T as a monopoly.

Okay, can we get a news article that doesn't list the National Enquirer as its source?
confused.png

This doctor said 'based on the pictures he saw'? How can you diagnose someone that way. I call BS.

I hope he gets well soon.
If a doctor sees a scan that shows that there's more cancer than pancreas, I'd say it's fair enough to assert that the scanned person doesn't have long to live.

Nonetheless, it's a terrible shame for Jobs, his family, Apple and the IT industry as a whole.

I replied to the Dutch article which doesn't mention a scan (just a picture of him outside the hospital), if there is a scan involved now then I have missed that, I do not see it mentioned in this thread though.

I replied to the Dutch article which doesn't mention a scan (just a picture of him outside the hospital), if there is a scan involved now then I have missed that, I do not see it mentioned in this thread though.
Fair enough, I was just commenting that 'based on pictures he saw' could refer to a scan, upon which a diagnosis would be entirely reasonable.

Fair enough, I was just commenting that 'based on pictures he saw' could refer to a scan, upon which a diagnosis would be entirely reasonable.

Actually, not quite so Kier. With any disease, a scan or any investigation can only help with a diagnosis. The final decision lays with the doctor who correlates the actual condition of the patient with what the scan tells. Diagnosing is one thing, but to say how much time someone has...very tricky. Especially when you are talking about cancer.

So unless I read something that a doctor has actually met Steve Jobs, examined him and then seen a scan of his...it's most likely hearsay. You simply can not predict how much time someone has in ALL cases. And even we doctors believe that miracles do happen...sometimes. :)

Until I saw a documentary, I hadn't realised that Mr. Jeans and Black Turtle Neck was the original money man behind Pixar. Good investment Steve and well done for supporting new technologies and different "thinkers" and enthusiasts.

Shame he's that unwell though, but he's achieved a lot and given us lots of inspirational toys to play with, so I'd add "well done Steve, and thanks for helping to 'mix it up' in the mad mad world of IT over the years. It's been great fun and I'm pleased you retained your success - you worked hard and earned it!!!"
biggrin.png

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Not many people as driven or as brilliant in those particular ways (he's a generalist, not an engineer).
I wish him the best.
He certainly made a lot of money and also a lot of life possibilities for me - I ended up way ahead of most of my cohorts while they laughed at my choice of machines (had macs since 1984)....meantime, they spent all their time trying to make their PCs hook up to a printer, while I explored the online world (compuserve, AOL and then the internet).

Good tools don't make a craftsperson, but they surely help!

It'll be a great loss to apple more so to his family. With regards to his innovation he's brought to the world I still think he's got a lot more to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom