Resource icon

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.0.7

No permission to download
Ok am I the only one that has no idea what this is?

1. Install Prerequisites
CentOS / Redhat:
yum install php-bcmath
Debian / Ubuntu:
apt-get install php5-curl

I read through the readme and the description of this mod several times to make sure and I can't find an explanation about it. What is this? How do I get it? Then what steps do I take after I've gotten it?

Those are distribution specific install instructions for linux, so they are server requirements. If you are on shared hosting, this is not something you can control

It means you need to have those packages installed on your server. Your phpinfo should tell you if you have them, check that. You can do that by login in to your acp and go to admin.php?tools/phpinfo on your site. Search for curl and bcmath there.

admin.php?tools/phpinfo on your site. Search for curl and bcmath there.

This just gives me a 404 error page. But I don't think it matters anyway, I noticed the steam thing in my forum admin panel and I successfully registered an account using the login with Steam.
However I now have this issue:
In the box where my Steam "Avatar" should be. It says:

Server error: 302 Found
View attachment 29140

Is that unofficial release on page 10 suppose to fix this? If so, how do I go about installing it after I already installed the official one?

Still 302 -.-
Tried the page 10 Version and even a new download from the github repo.
Errorlog is clear... Everything else seems to work

Ideas?

Hi. I have followed your instructions step by step to install Steam. I checked the log files, and there are no errors reported. When I install the add-on using the XML file it goes to a blank white screen. Nothing shows, it does nothing. Again, no errors found in the log files, cURL installed, all permissions are good to go. Any suggestions?

I'm getting the error
Code:
Server error: 302 Found
Like it seems quite a few others are having as well, has anyone found out how to fix that?

-EDIT-
It seems that it's a bug with steamprofile itself, as noted here: http://code.google.com/p/steamprofile/issues/detail?id=12
A temporary fix was posted there, sadly it didn't work for me, but it might work for someone else having the same issue

But considering the author has since then moved to github (https://github.com/BarracudaATA/SteamProfile) and I don't see the error reported there, I'm unsure if it still exists in the code, does the addon use the newest version of steamprofile?

I'm having this weird thingie when enabling your addon. No idea what might be causing it.

FfiWu.png

Server Error

simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041253738/?xml=1:1: parser error : Document is empty
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php at line 117
  2. Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/arcaneex/public_html/index.php at line 13
Help me please..

Seems like the developer no longer supports or works on this. Is there anyone with something similar? The plugin doesnt seem to work with IIS at all.

I've got a version sitting on my live forum that runs with the json api and uses just 1 extra request per page, but it's got a lot of changes tailored specifically to my board.

I'll see about putting together some kind of patch to this version if I get a chance
if you could do that, it would be ever thankful

I've got a version sitting on my live forum that runs with the json api and uses just 1 extra request per page, but it's got a lot of changes tailored specifically to my board.

I'll see about putting together some kind of patch to this version if I get a chance
Luke, that sounds awesome.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you speed this along.

I can't even get the installation to work now, when i try I get sent to a Internal Server Error 500, but no explanation on why just the error message.

Top Bottom