Resource icon

Start Conversation from Post (Ajax) 1.2.5

No permission to download

Hlchia

Hlchia submitted a new resource:

Start Conversation from Post (Ajax) - Adds a "Start a Conversation" link in every post, next to "Report"

This add-on puts a "Start a Conversation" link below post message, next to the "Report" post link. It uses the core XenForo Ajax Overlay function, and users remain on the same post after submitting the conversation.

View attachment 45319

This is useful if you want to encourage your members to use the private conversation function instead of replying to a thread.

Installation:
  • Extract the contents of the Zip...

Read more about this resource...

This add-on adds 3 templates:
1. "conversationpost_post" - this contains the link in the post. By adding some conditionals you can control to not show the link to guests.
1. "conversationpost_userinfo" - this contains the link in the User Info Extra. By adding some conditionals you can control to not show the link to guests.
2. "conversationpost_add" - this contains the conversation form in the ajax overlay

The post controller is extended to add the ability to start conversation in a post, and redirecting back to the post where the conversation started.

You can go to Admin CP -> Options -> Conversation Post to set the options of visibility in post and/or User Info

Last Edit on 29 Apr 2013

Can you add an option to put the link on the userInfoExtra instead?
You can add this to the message_user_info template:

Code:
    <dl class="conversationPostBitContainer">
        <a  class="OverlayTrigger PopupItemLink" data-cacheOverlay="false" href="{xen:link posts/conversation, '{$user}', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a>
    </dl>

You can add this to the message_user_info template:

Code:
    <dl class="conversationPostBitContainer">
        <a  class="OverlayTrigger PopupItemLink" data-cacheOverlay="false" href="{xen:link posts/conversation, '{$user}', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a>
    </dl>
Will it also show up under the post as well?

By adding some conditionals you can control to not show the link to guests.
Can you code it as an option or tell us what the code is to add this feature? I think it's better to add it as an option so when we'll upgrade we'll not have troubles...

Can you code it as an option or tell us what the code is to add this feature? I think it's better to add it as an option so when we'll upgrade we'll not have troubles...
This is my first xenforo add-on development, when I am free I'll look at the part on including option, probably end of the week :)

This is my first xenforo add-on development, when I am free I'll look at the part on including option, probably end of the week :)

Access the option anywhere by doing:
$option = XenForo_Application::get("options")->get("optionNameHere");

The option edit page is very straightforward, and you can refer to other options to see how they did it.

One quick question... I found where to edit for CSS customization... Now, I can get the font size, style and even the background color to change - but the text color is fixed, even using an !important. Any suggestions.

Solution:
Code:
.conversationPostBitContainer a:link, a:visited {
color: rgb(248, 237, 176);
background: rgb(142, 68, 4) url('images/default/xenforo/gradients/notice1.png') repeat-x top;
border: 2px outset rgb(211, 135, 0);
width: 83px;
border-radius: 5px ;
font-family: Ubuntu ;
font-size:11px ;
text-align:center ;
padding: 1.5px;
margin-left: 10px ;
}
will give you a result like this
example.webp

Great Addon, missed it from phpBB.

Request Quote
When i start a conversation, it should quote the post into the conversation (like it works in phpBB).

this could be configurable in ACP controls if this feature should be on/off.

Request Quote
When i start a conversation, it should quote the post into the conversation (like it works in phpBB).

This is just an extension of the existing conversation system. It is not a PM system like you are familiar with. It would require an add-on for what you want.

Request Quote

Thanks for your suggestion, I just added the option in ACP for quoting post.

Top Bottom