This add-on allows you to put a "Start a Conversation" link below post
message, next to the "Report" post link and/or in the User Info Extra. It uses the core XenForo Ajax Overlay function, defaults conversation title to thread title and users remain on the same post after submitting the conversation.
There is also an option to quote the post in the conversation to provide context. (Added in ver 1.2)
This is useful if you want to encourage your members to use the private conversation function instead of replying to a thread.
- Extract the contents of the Zip file.
- Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
- Install in the Admin CP using the provided XML file.
- Go to Admin CP -> Options -> Conversation Post to select your options.
This is my first add-on contribution and is inspired by Chris Deeming's
Start Conversation from Post Bit and the existing core "Report" function
Unmaintained Start Conversation from Post (Ajax) 1.2.5
Adds a "Start a Conversation" link in every post, next to "Report" and/or under User Info
- Change Log Jun 9, 2013
- Changes Jun 8, 2013
- Conversation title defaulted to thread title and used phrase for send message May 24, 2013