Resource icon

Unmaintained Start Conversation from Post (Ajax) 1.2.5

No permission to download
This add-on allows you to put a "Start a Conversation" link below post

message, next to the "Report" post link and/or in the User Info Extra. It uses the core XenForo Ajax Overlay function, defaults conversation title to thread title and users remain on the same post after submitting the conversation.

conversationpost_add-on_1.1.webp

There is also an option to quote the post in the conversation to provide context. (Added in ver 1.2)
option to quote post.webp

This is useful if you want to encourage your members to use the private conversation function instead of replying to a thread.

Installation:
  • Extract the contents of the Zip file.
  • Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  • Install in the Admin CP using the provided XML file.
  • Go to Admin CP -> Options -> Conversation Post to select your options.
Credits:

This is my first add-on contribution and is inspired by Chris Deeming's
Start Conversation from Post Bit and the existing core "Report" function

start a conversation with overlay.webp
  • start a conversation.webp
    start a conversation.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 416
Author
Hlchia
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 9 ratings

Latest updates

1. Change Log

fixed template issue
  2. Changes

1. Removed "Preview" button 2. Fixed defaulting converastaion title to thread title instead as a...
  3. Conversation title defaulted to thread title and used phrase for send message

Change Log: 1. Conversation title defaults to thread title 2. Used phrase {xen:phrase...

Latest reviews

Me and the folks in my community love this. For awhile people wanted rep comments without actual rep points to add private commentary on posts, but this makes so much more sense.

The only thing I can think of that would make it better is somehow embedding the conversation beneath the post within the thread but so that only the participants can see.
Works great
great. Like!
works great! :) that tiny bug was fixed.. in like 15 minutes. awesome job.
Moving from phpBB members complained there was no way of starting a conversation relating to a thread. So glad I found this add-on!
Works perfectly!
Great addition. Would be nice if could be placed in postbit, but I'm sure a simple edit of the template will solve that.
Simple yet effective. Works like a charm.
Top Bottom