Resource icon

Start Conversation from Post (Ajax) 1.2.5

No permission to download
This looks awesome! Nice job. Especially with the ability to quote a post in a convo. :)

Thank you very much for your fast implementation of my request. Just installed addon and it works like a charm :)

i have a few more requests, so it could be perfect for my needs ;)
  • Do not show link "start conversation" at own posts
  • I use also the paid addon "bookmarks" and want to change the order how the both links are shown in postbit. at the moment it's "start conversation" and then "bookmark". but i want to switch them. can you please help, where can I find the position to change? i searched templates but didn't find (cause i'm not best xenforo crack ;))
  • Please make the Title placeholder "New Message..." into a xenforo phrase, so i can translate it to my language
  • please make Button "Preview"... also a phrase and the "..." within it, so i can remove the "..." ;)
  • When I click "Preview" and then close it, I have to reclick on "start conversation" to reopen the editor. it would be better if I directly have the editor in front of me -> save time/clicks
  • Attachements doesn't work. It doesn't attach an attachement when i choose one and click one "upload"
  • Title of conversation should be automatically the same like thread title. cause i don't want to write the same, what is already there = more effeciency (like it was in phpBB :))

Hi,

I think I have just figured out an interesting side effect of this plug-in. We use a sitemap plugin, which then submits said sitemap to Google & Bing.

I have noticed a steep increase of "Access Denied" (Increase in authorization permission errors) in Google Webmasters, and the majority are in this format
Code:
http://zroadster.org/forum/posts/33612/conversation?to=GazHyde

Which is one link (of potentially many) which sits on this page
Code:
http://zroadster.org/forum/threads/bmw-car-club-agm-may-2013.2911/

What I think is happening is that when Google crawls the pages it's finding the links in the page and trying to access them. Of course Google is not logged in, so can't access the page hence the Access Denied. Problem is that too many access denied issues can affect your ranking.

I think there is a way to tell Google to ignore these pages, so I'll post it up if I can find it. As I say it's just a theory right now!

Gary

Thank you very much for your awareness and suggestion :)

Yes, of course the Link "Start Conversation" shoudn't be visible to guests, cause I think it's useless to show it them, cause they can't use it.

If Hlchia will remove it for guests (probably over a controllable xenforo view-permission like other addons do), it will be fine to save our search engine rankings ;)

I'm going to have to disable this plugin until hopefully there is a solution to this.

My number of "access denied" through webmasters is still increasing. Telling webmasters to ignore URLs with the relevant parameter doesn't seem to have helped (gone from 9,000 to 11,250 since last post).

Thank you very much for your awareness and suggestion :)

Yes, of course the Link "Start Conversation" shoudn't be visible to guests, cause I think it's useless to show it them, cause they can't use it.

If Hlchia will remove it for guests (probably over a controllable xenforo view-permission like other addons do), it will be fine to save our search engine rankings ;)
There's already a container param canStartConversation which is only true, if the visitor can start a conversation.
I would suggest to use this;)

btw: great addon:)

There's already a container param canStartConversation which is only true, if the visitor can start a conversation.
I would suggest to use this;)

btw: great addon:)
I've already removed the permission for group "guest", but the "start conversation" link still remains. so it seems it has to be fixed ;)

You can add the following to only show "Start Conversation" to logged-in users:

conversationpost_userinfo template:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
    <dl class="conversationPostBitContainer">
        <a  class="OverlayTrigger PopupItemLink" data-cacheOverlay="false" href="{xen:link posts/conversation, '{$user}', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a>
    </dl>
</xen:if>

conversationpost_post template:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
<a href="{xen:link posts/conversation, $post, 'to={$post.username}'}" class="OverlayTrigger item control report" data-cacheOverlay="false">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a>
</xen:if>

Hlchia,

Thanks for the update. It makes sense for it to only show to logged in users anyway. Will be really pleased if I can enable this mod again.

Cheers, Gary

Do not show link "start conversation" at own posts

Following template conditional will do that, in addition to not showing to guests

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} AND {$user.user_id} != {$visitor.user_id}">
      • I use also the paid addon "bookmarks" and want to change the order how the both links are shown in postbit. at the moment it's "start conversation" and then "bookmark". but i want to switch them. can you please help, where can I find the position to change? i searched templates but didn't find (cause i'm not best xenforo crack ;))
      • Please make the Title placeholder "New Message..." into a xenforo phrase, so i can translate it to my language
      • please make Button "Preview"... also a phrase and the "..." within it, so i can remove the "..." ;)
      • When I click "Preview" and then close it, I have to reclick on "start conversation" to reopen the editor. it would be better if I directly have the editor in front of me -> save time/clicks
      • Attachements doesn't work. It doesn't attach an attachement when i choose one and click one "upload"
      • Title of conversation should be automatically the same like thread title. cause i don't want to write the same, what is already there = more effeciency (like it was in phpBB :))
I do not have time look into the above for the time being.

Top work, just changed the code as suggested.

Now when not logged in the link is not visible in the page source! :cool:

Just got to wait for Google to sort itself out.

i can't find the ( send message ) and ( message title ) in the phrases ,what are the phrases used

I just updated the resource, {send message} is using the following phrase
Code:
{xen:phrase start_conversation}

For (message title} I have defaulted it to the thread title

Great addon, thanks buddy!
I had an interesting thing happen...

ib1rlfY.png

see under the video the "xxxStart a Conversaton" and "vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv"

Any idea why that is happening?
If I disable the
visible in post and quote post, -- it goes away.

Great addon, thanks buddy!
I had an interesting thing happen...

see under the video the "xxxStart a Conversaton" and "vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv"

Any idea why that is happening?
If I disable the
visible in post and quote post, -- it goes away.

Sorry, I just fixed it in the latest update

Thought that this had resolved the issues, but it is still somehow reading the links.

If I read the page source not logged in it doesn't show the links, but does when logged in. However since turning the module back on again the amount of "access denied" errors is increasing rapidly. All the access denied links are the start conversation ones.

It's having a major impact on my indexing, and new traffic to the site so I have switched it off again.

Is there any other way this issue can be resolved?

Thought that this had resolved the issues, but it is still somehow reading the links.

If I read the page source not logged in it doesn't show the links, but does when logged in. However since turning the module back on again the amount of "access denied" errors is increasing rapidly. All the access denied links are the start conversation ones.

It's having a major impact on my indexing, and new traffic to the site so I have switched it off again.

Is there any other way this issue can be resolved?

What sitemap add-on are you using. I'm using this one http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sitemap-for-xenforo.67/ and notice NO access denied errors.

Top Bottom