Star Trek Into Darkness

Watching that trailer...I get more of a feeling of 'Independence Day ' than one of 'Star Trek'...

<waits for people to utilize their directed energy weapon of choice>

Me use Lens flare. :D
Prepares defensive strategy with options to judo the attack back to the attackers
800px-SOFIA_2.5M_Primary_Mirror.jpg

This is going off-topic but I accept your challenge and bring you the James Webb Telescope as a counter measure to your attack. :LOL:

View attachment 44633

You do realize that if we keep pulling out the big glass....due to the reflections, the only thing visible in space will be lens flare...we basically are turning space into the largest and worst fun-house mirror filled void ever.

You do realize that if we keep pulling out the big glass....due to the reflections, the only thing visible in space will be lens flare...we basically are turning space into the largest and worst fun-house mirror filled void ever.

An acceptable compromise for good science.

With hubble having a cover and opened when only in use, and other telescopes looking into other parts of the light spectrum (where reflection issues wouldn't apply) and the James Webb telescope (eventually being put a million miles away from earth if memory recalls) not something we will probably have to worry about.

Light pollution on earth is more of an issue. That being said, I'm sure I overlooked the humour in your post. But give me a good lens flare any day (ISS) we have one. :p

Well, managed to watch a "proper star trek" none of that Hollywood garbage and watched one of my fav episodes "scorpion episode" where the borg get hammered by species 8472. Verdict: 9/10

What I would have preferred though that after the double episode Kes didn't send them passed Borg space. I would have liked to see them crawl there way through borg space and would have made way for an even better 4th season.

Well, managed to watch a "proper star trek" none of that Hollywood garbage and watched one of my fav episodes "scorpion episode" where the borg get hammered by species 8472. Verdict: 9/10

What I would have preferred though that after the double episode Kes didn't send them passed Borg space. I would have liked to see them crawl there way through borg space and would have made way for an even better 4th season.

Hah, i watched that episode so many times when it was released. Can practically recite the whole episodes.

Species 8472 has penetrated matrix 010 grid 19. Eight planets destroyed, 312 vessels disabled, four million 621 Borg eliminated. We must seize control of the Alpha Quadrant vessel and take it into the alien realm.

More of a random thought related still to topic:

Star Trek trending on twitter to promote the movie. Would that make this movie any better, I'd say no. Paramount are telling us to "Prepare to pick a side", I pick TNG, DS9 & Voyager... It was an easy choice.

Can you imagine if they made another TNG....

A captain that could pass as 105....
Data - he is now using a cain.
The Borg - Ha! We dont age, we just get better with technology....

Can you imagine if they made another TNG....

A captain that could pass as 105....
Data - he is now using a cain.
The Borg - Ha! We dont age, we just get better with technology....

I just had a peek at IMDB and seen what the budget was for this latest movie. $185 million :eek: with that budget and the TNG crew they could have been cosmetically made to look like new born babies. I bet the whole series of TNG didn't even come close to costing $185 Million.

hey, jumping out of ships in space costs a lot of money...
Let me guess, those same style scenes will be in ST Darkness too, right?
Lets just do the same old scenes just in a different movie....

I just had a peek at IMDB and seen what the budget was for this latest movie. $185 million :eek: with that budget and the TNG crew they could have been cosmetically made to look like new born babies. I bet the whole series of TNG didn't even come close to costing $185 Million.

hey, jumping out of ships in space costs a lot of money...
Let me guess, those same style scenes will be in ST Darkness too, right?
Lets just do the same old scenes just in a different movie....

Yeah, they were repetitive somewhat (first contact comes to mind when you point that out). I'm more of a fan of the series than the movies TBH (even over the old TNG movies).

Going off-topic a little here but still somewhat related if we're speaking "let's do something different" that award imo goes to District 9

Now you talking about low quality or even below grade of even the worst ST episode.
If district 9 aliens were in a ST movie, then they would have been unique i guess....
but I think district 9 itself was wrong on so many levels....

I can watch the worst episode of ST, no matter which one it maybe over and over....

but I never watched district 9 more then once....

Yeah, they were repetitive somewhat (first contact comes to mind when you point that out). I'm more of a fan of the series than the movies TBH (even over the old TNG movies).

Going off-topic a little here but still somewhat related if we're speaking "let's do something different" that award imo goes to District 9

Top Bottom