StackExchange XenForo proposal

Hi there,

StackExchange is a network of very popular Q&A sites, among others StackOverflow. Via Area 51 users can suggest new Q&A sites. A number of users must be dedicated to the site so the StackExchange team creates the site. I have made a proposal for a XenForo site. Please vote for it here.

If you still don't really know what StackExchange/StackOverflow is, here is the Wikipedia page.

Currently we need:
  • 60 more followers
  • 40 more questions with a score of 10 or more
If you go to the Area 51 link, click on 'Follow It!' :)

Thanks,
William

Doesn't seem like a great idea to me, sorry.

This site is more than suitable for providing support. Granted, it doesn't have a fancy Q&A feature on the back of it, but it is where all of the current XenForo expertise is, and where it should remain, IMO.

Doesn't seem like a great idea to me, sorry.

This site is more than suitable for providing support. Granted, it doesn't have a fancy Q&A feature on the back of it, but it is where all of the current XenForo expertise is, and where it should remain, IMO.
For better answers a Q&A site is better. But, everyone has it's own opinion ;)

I definitely wouldn't provide any support on a third party site, for several reasons:
  1. This is the official support site
  2. Lack of time
  3. Impossible to know whether support is being provided to license holders or those using the software illegally

For better answers a Q&A site is better. But, everyone has it's own opinion ;)
There's nothing wrong with the answers given here.

I like Q&A sites in concept. I use StackOverflow regularly. I just think it's counter-productive to take people away from the official support site. The answers at a third party Q&A site would only be better if it has good people to answer them. Which may happen. Or it may not.

those using the software illegally
Which will be the biggest user base on a non official site.

Some questions are more appropriate for Stack Exchange. people here Does not always help with code questions or code edit. in theory Stack Exchange should do this.

Completely disagree.

People do get help with code questions and code edits. Random people on Stack Exchange do not have the knowledge of XenForo and its best practices to be able to answer the question correctly.

Sure, for general PHP, there's a massive wealth of knowledge there. But that doesn't need to be in a specific XenForo section.

While the functionality on SE is superior to XF when it comes to handling questions, its unwise to put support on a third party site. Following that line of thought XF should start using facebook for social functionality and quora or disqus for discussions. But that would defeat the point of xenforo itself. The point of having a website under complete control and everything under one roof.

Top Bottom