SSO Laravel and Xenforo?

Askancy

Hi everyone,

I am "new" and would like to buy Xenforo, but before doing so I would need a fundamental response for the purchase. Has anyone already managed to make a functioning SSO between Laravel and Xenforo?

Can you tell me a developer to contact me and evaluate any costs if there is no public SSO in the resources? I have been an IP.Board user for more than 13 years and currently no developer has managed to deliver me a working SSO and I would like to avoid buying a new platform when I don't know if it will be possible to achieve what I ask and at what price.

I use Laravel 5.8.17, the user who registers through the registration of Laravel automatically registers also on the forum. Users already registered instead once they log in to the site, they will create their account on the forum.

For Laravel as an authentication method I used Laravel Authentication + socialite. The user will then find two profiles: one for the Laravel site and one for the forum.

Has anyone managed to integrate Xenforo with Laravel 5.8? Unfortunately the integration with IP.Board is really complex, and I wouldn't want to buy something that can't be used in the project...

Hi, I am in a similar boat, I have a custom built website run on Laravel, where users are already members of. I managed to set up sso with JSconnect to another forum, but that forum lacks many features which are shipped with XenForo. That SSO question is however something of great importance.

Detailed support is not provided in the pre-sales forum.
fair enough, however ppl need to see the complexity involved in achieving what they need in order to make a somewhat reliable judgement call on a purchase.
migrating backend environments is not fun. frontend touching users being involved even less so.
i prefer long term commitment, thus the need to understand what am i signing up for.

Perhaps you can try using the demo, I imagine the laravel -> xf login system may be possible using the xf api. You can review the API documentation, then fiddle with the demo.

Docs:

Top Bottom