SQL queries causing slowdown and outages

DRE

I had lots of downtime with xFHost.me so I left and when I did I was given a chance to have my site hosted at a VPS for a limited time. During my stay my site went down again and they gave me a list of what MySQL queries were slowing down my server and deleted my site. So I'm off to looking for another host again. I think 8thos will be down for longer period since I will have to find someone to look at this .txt file to see what's causing issues with my database. I don't know who does anything like that so I will have to take some time this weekend to research.

I think the only way to resolve these issues is by installing stewart's meme's #crazyadvice

Those highly sophisticated images may be what is causing it.

thinking.png

Yeah. Like Mike said, he told me I had too many addons installed that may have been causing issues so I uninstalled 8 addons.
110 is a bit extreme for any site. I don't think digitalpoint has that many ;)
You only needs one badly coded addon to cause the mess. Hunting them down among the 110 is just much more work.

I don't really think it's a matter of how many addons you have installed, rather, a matter of how efficient the queries are. Typically, when I develop something, I will cache frequent queries so that subsequent calls will pull from the cache rather than the database. What I saw from the txt file looked dreadful. Unless I'm not seeing the full picture, that is an AWFUL lot of LEFT JOINS, which can be quite inefficient in themselves.

You only needs one badly coded addon to cause the mess. Hunting them down among the 110 is just much more work.

Yeah, I would have suggested disabling the add-ons one by one but hell, you would still be there for the remainder of the year doing this tedious task.

edit: I'm quite interested though now what is causing it. look forward in seeing what is the cause if you find the issue. @Chris

I've had way more addons, styles and languages installed when I was on URLJet and MDDHosting shared hosting and never had any of these issues. This all started sometime after moving to xFHost.me So I'm thinking it may have been an addon I installed after switching over to xFHost.me.

Yeah, I would have suggested disabling the add-ons one by one but hell, you would still be there for the remainder of the year doing this tedious task.

edit: I'm quite interested though now what is causing it. look forward in seeing what is the cause if you find the issue. @Chris

I'm disappointed no 110!?! sign yet :D

I've had way more addons, styles and languages installed when I was on URLJet and MDDHosting shared hosting and never had any of these issues. This all started sometime after moving to xFHost.me So I'm thinking it may have been an addon I installed after switching over to xFHost.me.

Any ideas what add-ons they were?

Its what, a 2 week timeframe, with 3 days possible to upload?

Top Bottom